The Simply Luxurious Life®: Short and Sweet  

April 24, 2010

Short and Sweet

Saturday morning, oh happy day!  I couldn’t be more thrilled to greet today as it is filled with . . . wait for it. . .  free time!  What a lovely and beautiful thing it is to be able to be busy, but every once in awhile I need to recharge.  Last night, my weekend ended in a very enjoyable way – a fantastic evening of friends, wine and spirited conversation over the six bottles of wine we were blind tasting.  It was my opportunity to host the event and that in itself was a joy – extra flowers “had” to be purchased, the house a bit more deep cleaned and the anticipation of creating a few recipes for a crowd that hadn’t been tasted beyond my own test-run attempts turned out all right thankfully.

All in all, things went well, and I’m exhausted and smiling as I wake up to a lovely lazy Saturday.  How was your week, and what will you be up to today?  Saturday really does seem to be the day that if anyone were to peek at our lives, would reveal a bit about our true loves and passions.  I’d love to hear what one would learn about you if you’d care to share.

Here are a few links to this past week’s posts on The Simply Luxurious Life:

Monday Finding Your Direction

Guest post on CheckYourParisIndividual Luxuries

Tuesday Ellen Pompeo & Elle Decor

Wednesday – Simple Pleasures

Thursday – A Lovely Life

Friday – A Parisian Tart

Saturday -  9 to 5 Femininity

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your Saturday and be sure to visit tomorrow for my weekly Cups of Tea to see who the winner is of the giveaway.  Bonjour!

Images: (1) Oscar Falk (2)  Oh Baby It’s Natalie

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At April 24, 2010 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Mandi Miller said...

I hope you enjoy your Saturday off! Rest well it sounds like you had a busy but fun evening! Today I plan on getting some stuff (cleaning) done around our house. It will be rainy all day so I will take this as an opportunity to just rest too! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 6:56 AM , Anonymous Maureen said...

Now that sounds like the kind of fun way to start your weekend! :D Was planning to get my hair spa today but had to cancel, maybe tomorrow.
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest

 
At April 24, 2010 at 7:10 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Mandi - oh, I love the excuse a rainy day gives for us to stay inside - there is just something soothing and comforting about spring showers. Enjoy your day!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

hahaha my thought process scrolling down through this post "damn, i want a body like that!...Nah, I want that cake." lol

Have a great weekend!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 7:55 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Lauren - (me, chuckling) =)

 
At April 24, 2010 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Splendid Market said...

Good job running a blind wine tasting...how did it go?? Have a nice weekend, enjoy those flowers!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Mmm, given the choice? I would be eating that chocolate cake that looks so delicious, wearing my soft loungewear and reading...but, for now, I am working every single day, so I cannot :( If I have the day off, you will find me visiting my favorite boutique stores (and owners) ...perhaps having a latte, grabbing a magazine and/or flowers, and enjoying time with those I love...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend -- it sounds to be just that :)

xo,
Sarah

 
At April 24, 2010 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

I'm glad you're having a lazy Saturday, you deserve it! It's always great having people over, but before you know it, can definitely turn into a hostessing marathon...

 
At April 24, 2010 at 5:36 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Sarah - You sound extremely busy but for very good reasons - good busy is a huge key to happiness. However, your idea of a day of leisure sounds fabulous!

Struggler - you hit the nail on the head - while I enjoy having people over - I never know where the time goes.

Thanks so very much for stopping by on your Saturdays. =)

 
At April 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home