The Simply Luxurious Life®: Foodie Friday - Breakfast, Brunch or Dinner  

March 26, 2010

Foodie Friday - Breakfast, Brunch or Dinner

Simple recipe.  Loads of flavor.  Minimal mess in the kitchen.  

If these are three goals you would like to achieve for dinner tonight, and you don't mind having breakfast for dinner, I have a recipe I would love to share with you. 

Smoked Salmon Scramble.  Recently, I was flipping through the latest edition of Food Network Magazine and found a section that focused entirely on recipes which incorporate eggs.  The first one I saw immediately grabbed my attention.  One of the aspects I like most about this recipe is that it can be made for breakfast, brunch, or in my case, dinner. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
*wheat toast (or slices of a toasted baguette)
*1 tablespoon butter
*2 beaten eggs
*2 tablespoons cream cheese (substitute heavy cream or brie)
*2 tsp chopped chives
*salt & pepper
*smoked salmon

1. Whisk eggs, cream cheese, chives, salt and pepper together in a small mixing bowl.

2. Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Place a tablespoon of butter to melt in skillet.

3. Place wheat bread in toaster, or (if using a baguette) preheat oven to 350 degrees, slice - on the bias - brush a tsp of extra virgin olive oil on the top of each slice, and place in oven until lightly golden brown (about 5 minutes).

4. Add egg mixture to the skillet, continually stirring with a spatula until just set.  Remove from heat.

5. Place smoked salmon on slices of bread and top with egg mixture. Viola!

Keep in mind that the more smoked salmon you place on each slice, the saltier each bite will taste.

What impressed me the most with this recipe was that it did fill me up, and I felt as though I was spoiling myself.

 Simply Luxurious photo

Grab yourself a mimosa, and this would also make for a fantastic brunch item.  Enjoy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous splendid market said...

This looks so good -- and so easy! Lovely little brunch item! A friend just brought me an armload (no exaggeration) of beautiful cold smoked salmon -- so I've been trying to think of what I could do with it. This will be perfect! Merci!

 
At March 26, 2010 at 9:24 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Splendid Market - what a fantastic gift - salmon - enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home