The Simply Luxurious Life®: Beautiful Papered Walls  

February 23, 2010

Beautiful Papered Walls

I can remember my mother putting up wallpaper when I was a child and how the seams had to match up just right.  Due to this requirement, I can’t recall how many times paper had to be taken down and put back up again until it was exactly just so.  At the time, it seems a toiling job, but as I visit my parent’s home as an adult, the walls still exude a simplistic texture that adds just enough depth. I can now appreciate the effort that it took to bring the room to it’s beautiful state today.

I myself, have never attempted to put up wallpaper, but am itching to try as I see the immediate change it can bring to a room. There is an instant regality that is brought to a room when the appropriate wallpaper is used. Take a look at the rooms below and notice how it can be used in so many different ways.

Silk chinoiserie wallpaper creates a dramatic backdrop in this dining room found in Southern Accents.

  Textured wallpaper in a solid color is a favorite that my eye tends to gravitate to, allowing the accessories of the room to be cause for conversation, yet without the rich backdrop they wouldn’t be as brilliant. -Southern Living

Brilliant bright colors to warm up a room and eliminate a need to over decorate. -Graham and Brown wallpaper

Busy wallpaper should be used in small rooms to make the most of its impact. –(1)Coastal Living, (2)Decor Pad

Bring life to your closet by adding theme oriented wallpaper. -Decor Pad

Make a dramatic and fabulous first impression by wallpapering your foyer. –Decor Pad

Wallpaper can add that simple and classy element that you have been searching for.  -Graham and Brown wallpaper

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At February 22, 2010 at 7:05 AM , Anonymous The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Oh my goodness! So much inspiration. I just loooove wall paper, but I've never even attempted to put it up myself. You should go for it---I'm sure it'd come back to you! XOXO

 
At February 22, 2010 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I love wallpaper but I don't think I would attempt to put it up solo.

 
At February 22, 2010 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm loving that last one so much! I grew up in a very wallpapered house (my mom was an interior decorator) and so I've always stayed away from it, but lately I've been thinking of starting with my powder room and seeing how that goes. Thanks for the inspiration! Hoping you're having a great Monday and thanks for stopping by tys this weekend!

xo Mary Jo

 
At February 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Goodness, dramatic looks here!
I've never tried putting it up either, but I do remember my High School Chemistry teacher saying that putting up wallpaper together, or letting your husband teach you how to drive, are the two quickest ways to end a marriage.

 
At February 22, 2010 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just LOVE that pink chair! Such a perfect bedroom reading chair

 
At February 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

The pink wallpaper in the bathroom is divine!

 
At February 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Karena said...

I love the next to last image with turquoise and silver/white by Decor Pad. Many beautiful examples. The only rooms I have attempted personally were baths.

Karena

 
At February 23, 2010 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Brabourne Farm said...

So much beautiful wallpaper - gorgeous images. I would love to wallpaper a room but always change my mind - I need to get brave and just do it! Leigh

 
At October 21, 2011 at 4:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think wallpaper is great, there are so many fantastic designs available these days, my favourite brands are Harelquin Wallpaper, Sanderson Wallpaper and Graham and Brown Wallpaper, there are not cheap but they are gorgeous designs and are really good quality too. I also buy all of my wallpaper from Decor Supplies, they are a fantastic company to deal with: www.decorsupplies.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home