The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

March 22, 2013

The Weekend . . .

Spring vacation is finally here! And while I’d love to take a day or two and just be, I feel quite fortunate to be able to be traveling to both New York City and Portland over this next week. Just as quickly as the week ends, I will be moving into my flat in Portland’ Pearl, and oh, how I cannot wait to spend more time in the rainy, rose city that I love. With a book reading by Cara Black, a bit of shopping, dog walking and time to just peruse my new walkable neighborhood, I feel like a young girl anxiously waiting for Santa to arrive.

And New York City. I can’t quite believe I get to return so quickly since my last visit to a city so full of inspiration, energy and opportunity. For a bit of business and pleasure, feel free to follow me on Twitter and Instagram as I will be sharing photos I capture along the way.

On this blog this week, there was inspiration for just about any area of living simply luxuriously that piques your interest – fashion, food, reading, decor and even a checklist for having your own yard sale. Have a look:

~Why Not . . . Have a Yard Sale? . . . a detailed checklist

~A book to read . . . Book Review – Lean In

~A Simple Decor Idea to Welcome Spring . . . the first part in a four part series

~Want & Have Outfit: No. 26 . . . simple idea from Ann Taylor’s Loft and Reiss’ spring sale

~This & That: No. 50 . . . the history of fashion, Jenna Lyons and an affordable trench

~Turn Your Wardrobe into a Wearable Magnum Opus

~Style Inspiration: Tres Chic

~My New Favorite Side Dish . . . simple and impressive

And this week’s newsletter – issue #141 – click here to read.

I do wish you a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by the blog. Until Monday, bonjour.

  Images: (1) source (2) source

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Talia said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip to New York! Enjoy every minute of your weekend!

 
At March 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Tara said...

Thank you xox

 
At March 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

Shannon, what is the reason for you moving to Portland? Won't it be difficult to shuffle between 2 places? Curious as to how you will make that all work!

Enjoy new york, it's my favourite city!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home