The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

November 30, 2012

The Weekend . . .

Can you believe that December will be here tomorrow? The fog and the frosted tree limbs are a regular image when I peer out the window in the morning, but I must admit, I enjoy the excuse to cozy up inside, grab a hot cup of tea, nibble on a truffle and simply relax. 

This weekend however, I will be snapping photographs. Thrilled to be learning more and more about how to capture images, if you see me, be prepared, I may just snap a candid photo!

This past week on the blog brought with it some changes to the facade of The Simply Luxurious Life, and one essential change that I am happy to finally be able to share - the new slogan. Appearing just below the title of the blog, “Refined living on an everyday income”, states exactly what I feel living The Simply Luxurious Life is all about. Also, the Newsletter Sign-Up has its very own page (click here to see), as well as Ask Shannon. And the additional page that I have added is one my fellow fashionistas will enjoy I have a feeling – Shannon’s Style Boutique. Compiled with all of the clothing and accessories recommended on the Style Inspiration and Want & Have Outfit posts, each week when you stop by the boutique you will be able to quickly find the item you’re looking for (most recent items will be at the top), view the price and click to be taken directly to the website. I do so hope you enjoy perusing. While I could go on and on about the changes, if you want to learn more, have a look at this week’s newsletter - issue #127.

As for this week on the blog, bravery was discussed, holiday decor and shopping ideas were shared from the simply luxurious perspective and the question of how to dress stylishly in the chilly winter months was addressed. Have a look:

~This & That: No. 35 . . . a new book from Peter Mayle, a fantastic blog for style in your 40s and beyond and more.

~The Simply Luxurious Holiday Gift Guide . . . for everyone on your list.

~Style Inspiration: Neutrals & Tones of Blue

~Want & Have Outfit: No. 11 . . . the end-of-season Net-a-Porter sale!

~Simply Luxurious Holiday Decor

~Why Not . . . Be Stylish in Winter?

~How to be Brave

And this week’s newsletter – issue #127 – click here to read.

Have a wonderful start to the month of December and a lovely weekend as well. Until Monday, bonjour.

  Images: (1) pinterest (2) pinterest

6 Comments:

At November 30, 2012 at 1:09 AM , Anonymous Marissa Bishop said...

Congratulations Shannon -- I love this site more and more!

 
At November 30, 2012 at 3:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

There is nothing more lovely than a morning with your camera. Glad you are enjoying.

Katie X

Sweet Apple Lifestyle

 
At November 30, 2012 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Talia said...

Yours is my most favorite blog and I wait anxiously for each post. I am beyond excited about the book. Count me in not only as I support your endeavor, but as on who is excited to buy it!

Cheers to a great weekend!

 
At November 30, 2012 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Evelyn said...

Shannon, I really like the new layout, it is a lot less cluttered and "simply luxurious"! You did a great job on this change! Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At November 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM , Anonymous Renee Newman said...

Darn it - I just found this site, and I was working my way through the "Why Not...?" section ! I guess I will have to wait for the book ! LOL Really loved reading those posts.

 
At December 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Shannon,
Your blog was one of the first I followed and you inspired me to start my own blog last January. I am very excited for you with the upcoming book. It seems to be a natural extension of the beauty, style and wisdom you have shared with your readers on the blog.
Congrats and Cheers to you,
Heather
http://www.stylemindchic.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home