The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

April 8, 2011

The Weekend . . .

Happy weekend! Whether rain, sun, spring blossoms or just buds, it’s the weekend and to quote Martha Stewart – that’s a very good thing. :)

I hope you are well, and I hope whether you are in the Northern Hemisphere welcoming spring or in the Southern and enjoying the jewels of fall, that the sweet arrival of the weekend is making you smile.

I want to thank my readers especially today, long time, regulars or readers I have just been introduced to.  Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life and sharing your very thoughtful words, being supportive simply by reading what so many of you recognize as something my heart is absolutely passionate about and for being so observant and honest. I am very grateful.

While this week was a short work week for me, it was nonetheless compacted from dawn until dusk with responsibility, so I am very much looking forward to a three day weekend to re-energize. The first post of the week was one I couldn’t wait to share with you, and as I gave it five stars, it has been receiving rave reviews around the media circuit as well. If you’re interested in delighting in Parisian style and discovering how the French women seem to get it right every time, take some time to read my book review of Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange. I have a feeling you will find it to be a great resource of not only style, but as a travel guide to Paris as well.

Here are a few others links that were popular on the blog this past week:

*What is True Wealth?

*Laura U Mag – April/May Issue (Enjoy the Outdoors: Spring Style)

*Rules of Style – Hanneli Mustaparta

*Why Not . . . Read? Part Deux

*Oliver Peoples & To Kill A Mockingbird

*An Open & Tranquil Home

*Stand Up With Determination & Hope

And on the newsletter front, last Friday, the spring quarterly went out titled Prepping Your Spring Wardrobe – have a look here.

And if you’re considering becoming a new subscriber to The Simply Luxurious Life newsletter, here’s a look at this week’s newsletter that was sent out early Friday morning. Take a look.

Until Monday, have a lovely weekend. Bonjour!

Images: (1) Oh Fashion Model (2) We Heart It

4 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Blogger stylemefab said...

have a lovely weekend too. Thanks so much for the blog comment, looking forward to reading your blog too....

http://stylemefab.onsugar.com/

 
At April 9, 2011 at 3:05 AM , Blogger Nanne said...

I always love reading your posts because they're so inspiring! It's been an unusually busy week at work for the season, coming to an end with a big conference yesterday where I was one of the people partly in charge of the arrangement. This weekend will be all about relaxing and taking time to prepare really good food, something I don't always have the time for during the work week. And hopefully the weather will allow for a long walk on Sunday. Have a lovely weekend!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Monteen (charlotte, n.c.) said...

Hi Shannon, just wanted to let you know that because of your comments regarding PARISIAN CHIC, and having just visited the BEAUTIFUL city of Paris, I went to my local book store and yes...there was the book...awesome red cover and all...I not only bought one for me but bought 2 more copies to give as gifts to friends..who knows how many more copies I will buy...thanks..have a great week-end....

 
At April 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Monteen - Thank you for sharing. I just know you will love this book and especially since you just returned from Paris, you will be able to especially relate and agree based on your own experience. Happy reading. :)

My Favourite Things - enjoy our weekend. It sounds as though it a leisurely few days is more than deserved. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home