The Simply Luxurious Life®: Styling The Tree  

December 7, 2010

Styling The Tree

One of my favorite traditions during the holiday season is to trudge out into the wintery weather and choose the perfect tree to frame in my ten foot high picture window. Okay, I’ll be honest, I’m not trudging very far.  I always head to my favorite tree farm, Klickers, where they have trees of all types, heights and lushness.  And as if Mother Nature knows, each year I have gone, the snow has been falling as I methodically walk down each row, examining trees that might be just right. A more surreal feeling I couldn’t describe when describing the ideal outing for such an occasion. After asking for help to strap my tree atop my vehicle, I proudly drive home singing Christmas song after Christmas song and make sure to stop at the local coffee house for a hot cup of hot chocolate and a sugary treat. While it may sound a bit cheesy to many, I revel in these moments and truly lose myself in them as they only come around once a year to be savored.

So this weekend will be one to savor as we pack up and go out in search of the tree. There are so many possibilities as to how to decorate the holiday tree, and I find myself fine-tuning a bit more each year. I adore a bit of sparkle in my grand room, so I keep it simple with gold, white and clear ornaments with oversized gold-sequined snowflakes that for the first time with be placed on the tree (I can’t wait!). So if you are decorating your home for the holidays or are looking for new ideas to add more dazzle or charm to your tradition, below are a handful of ideas you might be inspired to try.  I hope your holidays are going well and with each day, you are counting more and more blessings.

An Edible Tree

 

White, Gold & Blue

 

Creatively Standing

 

Ornamental Pinecones

 

Wintery White

 

Full of Time

 

Cozy By The Fire 

Images: (1) Collage of Life (2) House Beautiful (3) Country Living (4) Country Living (5) Country Living (6) Coco Kelley (7) Country Living (8) Source (9) Country Living (10) Source

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At December 7, 2010 at 3:22 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

That sounds amazing! Would love to see pics of your tree, if you don't mind sharing. I have always wanted to go to a tree farm to cut down our own tree, but, unfortunately I hn hihgly allergic to trees, grass, etc. So an artificial one is our tree of choice year after year. I love the smell of real pine trees....heavenly!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 4:43 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Cozy by the fire...oh.just so,so nice images!!!

Thank you for this beautiful Christmas feeling,dear Shannon:-)*

Cheeres,
***Violetta***

 
At December 7, 2010 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Shopgirl said...

I put my tree up last weekend. As we only have a tiny flat, we have an artifical tree. But I like to rotate decorations each year and add a few new ones too. It is such a magical time of year and, like you, I try to savour every moment of it :) Have fun selecting your tree and dressing it. The ten foot high picture window sounds amazing, xx

 
At December 7, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cheesy Christmas traditions, we'll bring ours in on Christmas Eve and play carols and Dean Martin songs, at 46 I still get excited!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

ahh I love the holidays :)
<3 Cara
Lilac and Grey

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home