The Simply Luxurious Life®: Wings And All  

November 30, 2010

Wings And All

Regal, traditional, classic, and proper.  These are just a few of the words I would use to describe a room that includes a wing chair (or wingback).  While there are many different styles of this particular design, I tend to find myself drawn to them like a moth to a flame.  It is almost as if a hug is awaiting with its arms outstretched and I simply can’t leave them hanging. Today’s furniture designers have creatively carried this idea to the bedroom with wing headboards, as well as wing settees. So whether in a study, by the fireplace, in the kitchen nook or the master bedroom, you can always feel as though you are royalty.  Have a look at the collection of rooms, and if you’d like to find one for your very own, Elle Decor, on two separate occasions, has organized their top ten choices of wing chairs.

To view the Top 10 Wing Chairs courtesy of Elle Decor in December 2010/January 2011 issue click here or the 10 Most Winning Wing Chairs via Elle Decor.

 

Images: (1) Source (2) Source (3) Source (4) Source (5) Source (6) Source (7) Source (8) Source  (9) Source (10) Source (11) Source (12) Source

Labels:

6 Comments:

At November 30, 2010 at 2:13 AM , Blogger LifestyleBohemia said...

I love the wing bench/sofa used in the eat-in kitchen, it looks fabulous!
xx

 
At November 30, 2010 at 2:35 AM , Blogger FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Great post! I just bought my first wingback and I'm really loving it. That was a good roundup in the Elle Decor this month, too. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)

 
At November 30, 2010 at 3:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two arriving this week - if the snow doesn't stop them!

 
At November 30, 2010 at 5:22 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

I LOVE winged anything when it comes to decor!
Lilac and Grey

 
At November 30, 2010 at 6:54 AM , Blogger quintessence said...

I adore wing chairs - they are both a statuesque addition to any room and a comfortable protected seat . You included some of my favorite images! I especially love the vintage leather one!

 
At November 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Peggy and Fritz said...

I love love love wing chairs and love all the photos. You always find the best images. I am dreaming of the William Sonoma Home Wing Bed in Leather someday or in Linen - will depend on my home. I bought two oversized Linen Ones from HD Buttercup a few years ago in cream. My intent is when I finally settle into a house to redo it with a big stripe down the middle. Just love them.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home