The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 10/10 –10/16  

October 17, 2010

Cups of Tea 10/10 –10/16

Gradually the leaves are cascading to the ground, just enough of them to remind everyone that fall is here.  The evenings are becoming crisper and the days a bit shorter. With the change of season comes the nesting, picking up the home, prepping the yard for winter, gussying up the fireplace for its first showing of the season.

But before all of this work begins, the morning must be enjoyed. A hot cup of tea (or coffee or hot water with lemon), maybe a Sunday newspaper and time to just savor slowing down.

Today’s Cups of Tea will hopefully bring inspiration for creating more luxurious moments at home, preparing for the season’s holiday, treating yourself to something delicious and a reminder to treasure the things we appreciate and love.

Here’s to a beautiful and pleasure filled Sunday.

 

1. A Boutique Hotel At Home

Fiona, author of How to Be Chic, has put together a wonderful blog that really set a tone of ease, beauty and honesty. With her recent post about making the most of a staycation, I had to share it with you as it serves as the perfect reminder that we can all truly create a luxurious atmosphere right in our own home. Have a look, she offers a list of things to make sure to include for the most enjoyable time.

 

2. Sofia & Louis, Together Again

I have been hearing mentions of the new Sofia Coppola ad for Louis Vuitton, and when I finally came across it on Escapade I was impressed.  Her classically designed bags and Sofia herself make for a great selling point. Have a look at all of the images by clicking on the header above.

 

3. The Season Is Here

Fall is most certainly here, and so is the holiday of Halloween.  With gourds of all shapes, sizes and colors, sugary treats and ideas of what costume will be worn this year, Slim Paley’s post brings together fantastic recipes – pumpkin truffles, fashion, costumes, home decorating (see below) and so much more.  Such a fun post – do have a look.

 

 

4. A Sweet Breakfast Treat

With the arrival of the weekend, I often find myself in the kitchen baking something a bit sweeter, a bit naughty, that I wouldn’t during the regular week, so when I came across Mary of Delightful Bitefuls post on Raspberry Crumb Breakfast Bars, I made sure to make a copy of the recipe for myself.  Who wouldn’t want to start their weekend with a sweet treat and a lovely sip of hot tea? I know I would.

 

5. Not To Be Taken For Granted

As someone who is continually drawn to items of beauty whether they be man-made or found in nature, I find this quote to be something to always keep in mind because, after all, anything taken for granted, in its own way, ceases to exist.  Thank you Sara of Dwell and Design for the reminder.

“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”

-Frank Lloyd Wright

Images: (1) Source (2) Decor Pad (4) Slim Paley

12 Comments:

At October 17, 2010 at 2:00 AM , Blogger Fiona Ferris said...

You are sweet for including me. Merci!

 
At October 17, 2010 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

Cups of tea indeed! Am sipping sip as I write.
Peeked at the LV ad. Not keen on LV products apart from thier Antique travelling cases, but the girl pictured above looks very chic indeed.
Have a lovely Sunday;-)

 
At October 17, 2010 at 2:48 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Goodmorning,dear Shannon:-)*

You post is precise what Iam needed today...
Just good prepare for winter!
That's true:-)
You home,you body,you feelings...
I gives me fabulously nice sundaymorning,
Thank you!

Wish you too relaxing,lovely Sunday,
Hugs and Love from Amsterdam,
***Violetta***

 
At October 17, 2010 at 2:51 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Oh,that's me again...just forgot to say,how enchanted and beautiful those last qoute of Frank Lloyd Wright!
I am SO agree with these words:-)))*

***Violetta***

 
At October 17, 2010 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

great quote for today!!

Come enter this adorable Giveaway! Lilac and Grey Giveaway

 
At October 17, 2010 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

As always thank you for the lovely round up! I love finding new baking blogs and Delightful Bitefuls as such delicious recipes, and beautiful photos! I cannot wait to try this recipe for raspberry bars. Yum, yum!

 
At October 17, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Blogger escapade said...

Thank you so much for including me Shannon - hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend!
xo

 
At October 17, 2010 at 6:53 AM , Blogger highheeledlife said...

What a wonderful quote! I love that you share with us wonderful weekly finds from other blogging friends... HHL

 
At October 17, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me Shannon! :) YOU are just a doll- and I love love love your blog.
XO,
Sara Kate

 
At October 17, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Julie Leah said...

Happy Sunday, Shannon!!

I so looking forward to your 'cups of tea!' I love that last photo with the bunch of flowers! Just beautiful. Those raspberry bars would be so yummy with a steamy cup of coffee :)

Hugs, sweet lady!!

XoXo

 
At October 17, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Aw, thank you soooo much for including me! I'm sure wishing I had some of those bars left right now... and a cup of tea ;) Or coffee for that matter... but no coffee filters!

Loved reading this post, as always :) I love reading all your posts and find new blogs to explore!

Mary xo

 
At October 17, 2010 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Slim Paley said...

Thanks again for the mention Shannon
Gracious, as always!

PS. One of my favouritetist bags is my L.V. "Sophia Monogram" clutch with the inlaid "Tiger"s eye" clasp and matching pocket mirror :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home