The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cozy Comforts Of Fall via The Alternative Wife  

October 12, 2010

Cozy Comforts Of Fall via The Alternative Wife

I would like to extend a warm welcome to Dawn of The Alternative Wife.  She is one of the warmest and easy-and-enjoyable-to-work-with bloggers, and I am so happy she is sharing her beautiful images and lovely ideas and thoughts with all of you today here on The Simply Luxurious Life.  Make sure to stop by her blog as you will not be disappointed with her endless amounts of sensual beauty found in all walks of life.  Thank you again Dawn.

Hello all! I'm Dawn from The Alternative Wife, and I'm so thrilled to be here today guest posting for the lovely Shannon today while she is away. Shannon has such an incredible eye for discovering beautiful things and offers the most inspirational posts I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Every day that I stop by The Simply Luxurious Life I leave feeling instantly uplifted and inspired. So to say it's an honor for me to be here today is a gross understatement.

Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite things about the fall season. After a long and hot summer season and a few weeks of back and forth weather it finally seems as if fall is here to stay in New York. Which has me briskly packing away the sundresses and flip flops and in turn yearning for the cozy comforts of the season.

Fall is such an introspective time of year for me. It's the time of year that I am inspired the most whether it be cooking, photography, or art. Maybe it's getting back in touch with nature and having the time to explore new things. I'm not quite sure but there's just something about this season that brings out the creative in me. Here are some the things that I most look forward to all year long.

Discovering Quaint Little Towns On Fall Foliage Drives

Even though I live in a big city, luckily there are lots of cute little towns, and many still undiscovered by me, a short drive away.

Apple Picking

An annual family affair. We make a whole day of it and visit some wineries while we're at it.

Long Strolls In The Woods Followed By A Delicious Hot Treat

I just love pulling on different layers of clothing and heading outdoors for a long brisk stroll. And what better thing to return to than a hot drink to warm the body & soul.

Indoor Retreat

After a summer filled with long days outdoors & weekend excursions, fall is finally the time when I retreat to my home. I really have made my home my haven with a comfy, plush couch, throw blankets and pillows, dark woods, candles and an overall warm inviting ambiance. Nothing is better than spending an entire weekend indoors curled up on the couch watching a movie, reading, or napping. I'd love to know, what are your favorite things about the fall season?  And thank you so much Shannon for having me here on your lovely blog. It’s been a real pleasure and a thrill! xoxo

Images: 1, 19 & 21 - Mario Sierra via Haute Design, 2 via Hopscotch & Grace, 3-8, 10-12, 17, 18 Anne Williams, 9 - Andrey Korotich via FGR, 13 & 14 via Haute Design, 15 &16 via Cherry Blossom Girl, 20 via Space For Inspiration, 22, 23 via Signe Pling

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At October 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Thank you so much, Shannon for having me here! It was such a pleasure :) xoxo

 
At October 12, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Such a dreamy post, Dawn:)
I love apple picking, long walks and beautiful candles:)...Stunning images,sweetie
Wish you both a great day
Kisses

 
At October 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Ashley Hasty said...

What is there not to love about Fall? *ahhh*

http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

 
At October 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Collette Osuna said...

HI Dawn......so nice to see you here!! What a fabulous post....I love Fall too, and your images and words just made me love it a little more....super cute coffee cozies too:)

Stop by and Say Hello
Statements in Fashion Blog♥

 
At October 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous post! I'm really enjoying the season, too. I love being able to throw on a light coat but not have to button it up because it's not that cold yet... and after all those months of wearing flip flops and flat shoes, I am loving my boots...!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Solid Frog said...

Lovely pictures of fall, such a beautiful and cosy season :)

 
At October 12, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Blogger SabinePsynopsis said...

When you talk about fall, Dawn, it doesn't sound so bad at all! Wonderful pictures. xoxo

 
At October 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i think almost everyone goes apple picking right?! - do u go to delicious orchards for the apple cider donuts - UM YUMMMM!!!!!

PS PASS IT ON --> GIVE-AWAY going on – 2 necklaces = 2 winners .. LAST day to ENTER!!!

~Join Necklace Give-Away Here~


*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

 
At October 12, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Lovely,lovely,lovely post,darling Dawn!!!

Just adorable Autumn photos,so soft,beyond lovely atmosphere,very tuching,beautiful post:-)))*

Many hugs and Love to you,
***Violetta***

 
At October 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Jude said...

What a dreamy, gorgeous post! Sigh, makes me love fall just that much more. The images are just lovely (and now I want those knitted cup cozies! :))

 
At October 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

Beautiful and stunning images! Love them all. Hope you are well.

 
At October 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

ah Dawn only you could make fall look so sensual and gorgeous!!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

How beautiful!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreamy images, Dawn! I love fall drives and a cozy house to come home to also! xo

 
At October 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM , Blogger this free bird said...

Oh Dawn this is such a superb fall post!! What incredible pictures you've shared with us...I need to grab a sweater and a cup of tea :)

xoxo,
Carrie

 
At October 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Overlooking Mississippi said...

aww yes apple picking! liking the sweater cover for mugs

 
At October 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

what a lovely post Dawn!! love it!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Truly beautiful! Awww...loved it!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Draffin Bears said...

What a beautiful post Dawn and it was lovely to discover the fabulous blog ~ The Simply Luxurious Life.

Hugs
Carolyn

 
At October 12, 2010 at 8:53 PM , Blogger highheeledlife said...

beautiful pictures !! HHL

 
At October 13, 2010 at 2:35 AM , Blogger debra@dustjacket said...

Oh wow how gorgeous, but Dawn always does beautiful posts!
xoxo DJ

 
At October 13, 2010 at 6:08 AM , Anonymous Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

Great post Dawn! I LOVE lazy fall drives.

 
At October 13, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous splendid market said...

I can just feel the crisp fall air in the outdoor shots. Love the knitted cup holders!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home