The Simply Luxurious Life®: Eat, Pray, Love  

August 13, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

Eat

Pray

Love

Eat Pray Love starring Julia Roberts, begins showing in theaters all across the country today (DVD released November 23rd)  and whether or not you’ve read Elizabeth Gilbert’s New York Times Best Selling book, I have a feeling you will be able to garner a bit, if not more, inspiration from simply watching the movie.  However, I also have a feeling, you may be compelled to read the book, if you haven’t already done so.

I remember  when I first read Eat Pray Love (I’ll be honest – with the help of Oprah’s attention to the novel).  I finished in just a few days because while her experience may not be something I will ever encounter, she brings to light so many feelings and emotions that sometimes I too have wrestled with regarding how one’s life should be lived.

So bring on the food, bring on the love and bring on the self-reflection.  Who all will be enjoying the film this weekend?

 

Images: (1) Source (2) Candy Lights (3) Source (4) Source

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At August 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Loved the book, and I cannot WAIT to see the movie this weekend. Been looking forward to it for months.



♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 13, 2010 at 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the movie! Julia Roberts looks PERFECT in the role. It's the perfect girls night out pick :)

 
At August 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Kay said...

I have to say, the book-to-movie phase has been quite impressive these past couple years...

Marley and Me, The Secret Life of Bees... it does/has been doing the books justice (not so keen on The Time Traveler's Wife rendition)... but, the success behind the others (Oh! don't forget the 5 people you meet in heaven)! Haven't tried the Dan Brown movies yet...

but (enough raddling) Eat, Pray, Love has made the list...

Although, nothing will beat the charm of my beaten down, read too many times inclusive of red wine spill pages...

I think it is a must. :)

Happy Weekend to you!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not this weekend but very soon, I hope :-)

 
At August 13, 2010 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

Yay! I'm so happy this movie is finally here! Not sure if I will see it at the theater. I'm thinking I might just wait to buy it so I can watch whenever I want. Either way, I can't wait to see it! BTW-thanks Shannon for your sweet comment about sleep. I responded to your comment on DDD. Have a great weekend.
XO Piper

 
At August 13, 2010 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

I haven't read it and feel like I must have had my head down a hole to miss it!
Sounds like a wonderful movie.

 
At August 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

I cannot wait to see this movie! I haven't read the book, but have heard such wonderful things about it... maybe this weekend -- I hope! Enjoy + have a fantastic few days off :)

xoxo

 
At August 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Anna Walker said...

I love this! I am dying to see the movie! I loved the book! Julia Roberts was perfect to play this part! The love balloons in the shape of a heart are precious!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

 
At August 14, 2010 at 6:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still didn't read the book or watched the movie! It is about time... Like the chosen 'pray'-image!

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home