The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 8/15-8/21  

August 22, 2010

Cups of Tea 8/15-8/21

Good morning!  I hope this post finds you well after a good night’s sleep.  The temperatures have been dropping recently which has allowed for some amazing nights of blissful sleep and I couldn’t be more ecstatic about this simple change in Mother Nature.

How has your weekend been so far?  Are you tackling the day with things to do around the house to bring a sense of calm to the week ahead, or are you indulging in things which cause you to lose track of time?  Either way, revel in the beauty of the weekend.  Although it is only two days, at least it is two days.

Today’s Cups of Tea is a bit of a mish mash of posts that struck my fancy this week. I do hope you’ll enjoy and be sure to find some time to put your feet up for a bit today.  After all,  you time is very important.

 

1. J.Crew Inspiration for Fall

Jess of The Love List shares looks of J.Crew’s fall collection modeled by the actors of the new film The Romantics.  What better way to demonstrate casual, yet appeal, for a clothing line? She also shares some valuable information about those coveted gold sequin pants that Jenna Lyons sported on her Oprah show appearance.  Do take a look.

 

2. 12 Reasons to Exercise

Recently, Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project shared  twelve simple tips to help get your workout regimen back on track or keep it running smoothly.  For example, always workout on Monday.  By beginning the week with a workout, you’ve already started off on the right foot.  Take a look. I think you’ll find many that you too can incorporate into your life.

 

3. A Pastel Palette

Cassandra of Coco & Kelly shares a handful of rooms that change it up a bit when it comes to their color combinations.  The use of pastels, as you will notice in the image below, tends to have a calming effect with a touch of pleasant surprise.  Have a look and see if this is something you might want to try in the future.

 

4. In Homage to Summer

Just the term slushy sounds like fun, laughter and free time – exactly what summer should be about.  And with the summer winding down, why not grab a pint of fresh raspberries and make Deb of Smitten Kitchen’s Raspberry Limeade Slushy. Don’t they look delicious?

 

5. An Idea

A blog that I visit regularly, especially on Tuesday’s for her Tasty Tuesdays is Apartment #34.  Recently, Erin shared a new take on a quote by Coco Chanel you may have come across before.  Something to consider when trying to bring more simplicity into your home and thus your life.  Thank you for sharing Erin.

Have a restful Sunday.

Images: (1) Lonny Mag (3) Source

7 Comments:

At August 22, 2010 at 6:02 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

That raspberry lime slushie looks delicious. I agree with Apartment 34. Can definitely allow you to come home to a more relaxed environment if we see less clutter.

Have a happy Sunday!

 
At August 22, 2010 at 6:12 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Ah, the J.Crew fall lookbook is AMAZING! Good choice, that one.

Happy Sunday!

♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 22, 2010 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Glayki said...

Thanks for this amazing post!
I love J Crew...collection!

 
At August 22, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

You always have the best weekend roundup of posts. I can't wait to read your cups of tea-always great variety! I can tell that fall is definitely in the air for you! I am still dreaming of it as it won't arrive here in FL until the end of Novemeber. I can't wait to fall asleep in crisp air vs. having a fan blow on me all night. LOL.

I haven't read the exercise post but one thing I know for sure: Your SKIN will be much more radiant. Anytime I've taken too much time away from the gym and exercise (like right now), my skin becomes more dull and blotchy. We need it to rid our body of toxins.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my nautical fashion post. Stripes are the best!

~K

 
At August 22, 2010 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

lovely -- I adore J.Crew and each time I see something, such as that lovely photo, I wish so much that we had one here...

xo

 
At August 23, 2010 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Becky said...

Your links for exercise were great. The twelve tips were genuinely 12 thins I've never heard before. It was pretty much like a light bulb went off in my head. I've been kidding myself for a while about my level of health, and I had formerly given up on excercising if I couldn't exercise for a full hour like I'd like to. My study and work schedule just don't allow for it. I will be taking those 12 tips to heart. In fact I think I'll print them out and hang them up as a good reminder to stay on the healthy path.

 
At August 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

I love that Coco Chanel quote! i definitely need to incorporate that into my daily life!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home