The Simply Luxurious Life®: A Weekend Escape to a Martha’s Vineyard Cottage  

August 21, 2010

A Weekend Escape to a Martha’s Vineyard Cottage

Lately, I’ve been feeling that my summer was missing something, and then I realized it was one of my favorite television shows – Monk.  I don’t know about you, but I actually found Tony Shalhoub’s character Adrian Monk and all of his eccentricities endearing in a very odd way and miss the intelligence of the humor of the show.

Thankfully though, he can be found (as himself) in Country Living with his wife Brooke Adams letting us take a look at their 2500 square food Martha’s Vineyard cottage which was built in the 1930s.  Such simplicity and an air of unpretentiousness can be seen in each of the rooms.  Wearing jeans, your most comfortable t-shirt and letting your hair down is what appears this home calls for, in other words come and relax, unwind and forget about the rush of life.

Written by Katy McColl, you can view the entire article here and see even more details about each room.  One thing that I love is seeing flea market finds next to quality purchases. The master bed is covered in a gorgeous Anthropologie coverlet and on the shelves on either side are simple bottles with a single flower. What a wonderful idea. Enjoy the tour.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Peggy and Fritz said...

I just found your blog and I am dying over this cottage. I want to be there right now reading a book. It's so adorable, I love it. I can't wait read your other posts! Ann

 
At August 21, 2010 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely place to get away from it all, adore all the creative touches here...those petite frames climbing up the stairs are so perfect!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Anna Walker said...

The 7th picture bedding is from Anthropologie! I would love love love to just go to Martha's Vineyard...in face it's on my bucket list!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Charlotta Ward said...

What a happy, warm, light and inviting place! Loving all the details!! Especially those paintings on the steps.

Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful rest of the weekend.

xx Charlotta

 
At August 21, 2010 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

This cottage is so charming and he is too! Hope you are well.

 
At August 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

i love him and I'm definitely loving his house... that style is so beautiful and unique of the New England coast... have a nice one!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Isabelle Lafleche said...

What a gorgeous home! I would love a beach house just like this one to write my next novel!!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Mrs.M said...

Very comfortable! This is a real country house. I like it!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home