The Simply Luxurious Life®: Short and Sweet  

August 21, 2010

Short and Sweet

Penne pasta with tomato sauce topped with mozzarella and fresh basil from the garden, paired with a luscious Isenhower Cellars Syrah was my treat to myself last night and I must say, I enjoyed myself.

The temperatures have decided to decrease a bit which will make for a very enjoyable weekend.  What are you looking forward to doing today? It always amazes me as to how quickly Saturday morning is gone, so enjoy your morning.

One of the most popular posts on the blog this week was “Why Not Have Effortless Style?” where many of you left some great suggestions, ideas and comments. If you haven’t had a chance to read it, be sure to check it out.  Here is what the last week looked like on The Simply Luxurious Life:

An Idea for the Weekend: Meet Me On Broadway!

Sunday’s Cups of Tea: Uncomplicate, Relax & Enjoy

Ageless Beauty: Linda Evangelista – Talbots – Fall 2010 Collection

A Celebrity’s Home: Megan Mullally’s Hollywood Restful Retreat

Monday’s Inspiration: Master of Your Destiny

Guest Post: The Perfect Summer Day

A Beautiful Home: A Stylish Country Getaway

Tuesday’s Rooms of Inspiration: Gorgeous Guest Rooms

Guest Post: The Necessity of the Getaway

A Home to Relax In: Classic Comfort & Livability

Wednesday’s Why Not . . .?: Have Effortless Style?

My Blogger Wishlist: Cooking, Fashion & Books

Thrilled to be Included: Links a la Mode – My Dream Fall Shopping List

Thursday Treasures: Progress, Rain & Deals

Guest Post: The Beauty of Mistakes

A Perfect Weekend Idea: Fashionable in Wine Country

A September Issue to Grab: Hilary Swank – InStyle US

Friday’s Cravings: Rest, Film & Food

Foodie Friday: Julia Child’s Reine de Saba (Chocolate & Almond Cake)

Fashion Fix: Diane von Furstenberg’s Fall 2010 Ad Campaign

I would like to take a moment to say thank you to my readers who have been repeatedly stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life for quite some time.  Your loyalty is appreciated more than you know.  Thank you so much.  And to all of my new readers who I have just recently met, thank you for stopping by.  I do hope you are all enjoying what you find here and if ever you have suggestions, ideas or things you would like me to tackle, I’m always willing to listen. Have a beautiful Saturday and start to you weekend.

{Be sure to sign-up to receive The Simply Luxurious Life’s weekly newsletter that is sent out every Friday.  To learn more about what is included, click here, or simply sign up in the upper left-hand column of the blog.}

Images: (1) Cartoon Styles (2) Food Photo Blog

4 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

I adore Mary-Kate. Such a gorgeous pic! And your dinner last night sounds so good. We have a busy couple of days planned. Hope you have a beautiful weekend!
XO Piper

 
At August 21, 2010 at 7:38 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Sounds like a perfect dinner. I had whole wheat fettucini primavera last night but I plan on making some tomato sauce with the fresh basil I have this weekend. Might be too much pasta within a few days but I guess I can splurge since it's the weekend :)

Have a wonderful one! xoxo

 
At August 21, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Blogger S and O said...

Have a great weekend :D

Xoxo
Sarah

P.S I love your meet me on Broadway post

 
At August 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM , Blogger RealBeauty said...

I LOVE this posting! Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I truly appreciate it. I extend the same compliments to you. I absolutely love your eye for beauty. Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend too! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home