The Simply Luxurious Life®: Be My Guest!  

August 17, 2010

Be My Guest!

Welcoming guests into our homes can be an opportunity to display our hostess skills and make someone feel truly comfortable while they are away from home, and the same holds true for being a guest.  The best feeling is to know you are genuinely wanted as a visitor and what better way to convey this to your guests than to express it through your decor in the guest bedroom.

There are a handful of necessities that I always try to keep at my guest’s convenience in the room to ensure a comfortable stay: a clock (with an alarm), reading material, flowers (if I can), a bedside lamp, plush clean sheets, a chair or bench, an extra blanket and ample natural light (as much as the room allows) with the proper window coverings.

This week’s Rooms of Inspiration are all guest rooms – some have two twin beds, some a queen or full bed, but you will notice in all of them there is a creative approach exercised to make the guest feel welcome. Have a look and I’d love to hear what is on your list of necessities to include in the room for your guests.  Have a wonderful Tuesday.

 

Images: (1) Veranda (2) Source (3) Harmony & Home (4) Veranda (5) Country Living (6) Source (7) My Home Ideas (8)Veranda (9)  Source (10) Coco Cozy (11) Source (12) Nest Egg (13)  Source

13 Comments:

At August 17, 2010 at 1:54 AM , Blogger Lana {lanalou style} said...

You've chosen such gorgeous rooms, if only my guest room looked like one of these. My mom is actually visiting at the moment, so I put some jasmine in a pretty vase in her room and it smells heavenly!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 5:01 AM , Blogger Karena said...

Luscious images and who would not feel pampered and right at home!?

Karena
Art by Karena

 
At August 17, 2010 at 5:08 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

What beautiful guest rooms! And your list of guest room essentials is great. I actually hadn't thought of a couple of these. Thanks so much for the suggestions. Have a lovely day Shannon!
XO Piper

 
At August 17, 2010 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

when do I check in?

 
At August 17, 2010 at 5:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bedrooms! I found you via your guest post today and now I am your newest follower! ~Debby xo

 
At August 17, 2010 at 5:44 AM , Blogger Splendid Market said...

I would love to stay in any one of those gorgeous rooms! I remember reading a great tip somewhere -- that one should always spend a night or two in their own guest room, so they can have and idea of what it like for their guest and to think through things they may want to add (delete!)

 
At August 17, 2010 at 5:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfectly timed! My mother is coming to visit this week (although my guest bedroom looks NOTHING like any of those you've pictured..) Beautiful inspiration! xx

 
At August 17, 2010 at 6:02 AM , Anonymous Susan said...

Beautiful selection of guest rooms, it's inspiring!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Oh how I wish my guest room was this charming. One thing to add to your list is closet space/room to hang clothes. I chuckle at myself for saying this because the closet in my guest room also doubles as my craft closet and often lacks hanging space. I am working on it though, baby steps.

 
At August 17, 2010 at 6:56 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I would feel extremely welcome in any one of these spaces. And you sound like the most wonderful hostess!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Loving that Elle decor soft white headboard with 2 end stools at the foot of the bed--perfection for a guest room if I ever saw one! Is it terrible that I'm thinking of converting my guest room into a closet, lol. Well, to be seen. Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!

xo Mary Jo

 
At August 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM , Blogger jisabird said...

Great post!

@ Emily Heston - If only I had known! What a good suggestion. I had a close friend come in from London to stay with us (in Los Angeles). After only two nights she left to stay with another friend. I had put soooo much effort into our guest room, it looked lovely, I couldn't imagine why she would leave so suddenly, so I asked her.

Well one of the items in the guest room was an aquarium. I thought it would be soothing, but it turns out that when the lights went off the fish liked to "play ball" with the pebbles at the bottom of the tank. The noise kept her up all night long poor thing! Lesson learned;)

J.

 
At November 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM , Blogger chateaudelille said...

Some yummy guest rooms.You wouldnt want to leave.Fiona

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home