The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 8/8-8/14  

August 15, 2010

Cups of Tea 8/8-8/14

A quick jaunt away yesterday to the country where engaging company, beautiful views, savory food and complementary wine were all on the menu. I always enjoy quick little getaways as I don’t fall behind at home, but yet I’m able to get away from the responsibilities for just a bit and truly relax.

How is your weekend treating you? Hopefully you are soaking in one of the last weekends of summer in the exact fashion you most enjoy – whether it be frolicking in the water, flying to your most desired locale or simply catching up and leisurely going about each day.

Speaking of frolicking in the water, water is an underlying theme, at least in the images, in today’s Cups of Tea as I have a collection of five posts that I think you are going to enjoy.  So grab something to sip on that soothes your Sunday morning soul and join me.  I am so glad you stopped by.

 

1. Make It Less Complicated

DeeAnne of  Live the Charmed Life always speaks to what drives me in my life and this particular post was one I immediately saved. Inspired by her grandfather, she lists 100 ways to uncomplicate one’s life, and I have to say her suggestions really would make our lives more enjoyable and simplified, yet at the same time immensely richer and overwhelmingly full of the more important things we all tend to crave – love, contentment and peace. Enjoy reading by clicking on either the image or the header.

 

2. How to Set a Table

If you have ever visited a elegant restaurant or thrown an extravagant dinner party, you know that their is an education that one must possess in order to not pull a Pretty Woman moment while at the table. (Although Julia Roberts did present herself as being very endearing in these scenes.) Karla of Classy & Fabulous provides said education informing her readers of just where each specific utensil must go in both formal and informal dining situations. I know I learned a thing or two. Brush up on your know-how by clicking on the header above or the image below. Thank you Karla.

 

 

3. Water, Water, Everywhere

Daily Diva Dish authored by Piper is a blog I genuinely enjoy and visit quite frequently, but I was especially drawn to this particular post.  Simply gazing at bathtubs in such serene environments calms me down if even just a bit, and the images she compiled achieved just this effect.  Whether they were set in a grand room such as the room below or a standard size bathroom, the ideas on how to bring more of that feeling of calm are right at your fingertips as you look through the photos she included. Have a look.

 

4. A Recipe to Try

Chocolate Chip Cookies seems to be in almost everyone’s cookbook or, if you’re like me, it need only reside in your memory because I bake them too often. But when I came across Ella of The Princess and the P’s recipe which she shared were her favorite, I had to look closely as to why and then I read the word pudding. While I have tried many recipes for this go-to cookie of choice, I have never tried one with this ingredient, and I can only imagine they are as moist as she says. So if you’re in the mood to try something new, this just might be what you’re looking for. (By the way, as added information, Ella mentions that you can use just about any flavor of pudding you would like, but she prefers either vanilla or chocolate.)

 

5. Captain of Your Destiny

I couldn’t think of a better image to wrap up today’s Cups of Tea and the accompanying quote made it an even easier sell to include. Heather Clawson of Habitually Chic pairs Linda Evangelista’s exuberant celebratory pose at sea with something that we all can take to heart.  While we may not live in New York City as Heather or so many other successful people do, we really can create the life we want, becoming successful beyond our wildest imaginations, if we choose a path that is continually inching us closer toward our desired goal.  It all comes down to decisions, determination and discipline. Have faith in yourself and eventually all of that hard work will pay off.

“It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that assures the prosperous voyage." - George William Curtis

Have a beautiful Sunday everyone.

Images: (1) We Heart It

5 Comments:

At August 15, 2010 at 2:40 AM , Blogger Tracey said...

Gosh this post is all colours of wonderful!! Such a lovely way to end a weekend and start a week ... thanks for the inspiration! :)

 
At August 15, 2010 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

I'm so honored to be included with this great grouping of posts. The refresher on how to set a table and the post on how to uncomplicate one's life, seemed especially relevant for me this morning. And that quote...LOVE! Have a lovely day Shannon.
XO Piper

 
At August 15, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise to wake up to! Thank you so much for including me in your weekly Cups of Tea - as Piper said, it truly is an honor! GREAT links.. always such a beautiful round-up of posts.

 
At August 15, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Shannon! You are so sweet, thank you for including me in your cups of tea post today. :) I appreciated your kind words the other day as well and I too am glad that we've been able to meet and get to know one another via our blogs.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed my post enough to post it here. Also, thanks for adding my new button. I'm off to read 100 ways to uncomplicate your life. I love lists like that and the quote is great!

Have an enjoyable Sunday!

Hugs,
Karla

 
At August 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Thank you immensly much for you fabulous and realy useful post!-)*
I go to try this recipe for sure!!!
And OMG!What a great words:''Captain of your Destiny...''
Thank you!

Love,
***Violetta***

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home