The Simply Luxurious Life®: More Powder!  

July 6, 2010

More Powder!

Luxury is something that you should experience in your day to day routine.  Luxury can be found in the simplest tasks, the once thought to be mundane routines and that is why a woman’s bathroom should exude a beautiful personal aesthetic. 

Recently I have been engrossed with Debra Ollivier’s Entre Nous: A Woman’s Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl, and found her commentary on the powder room to be quite true.  The beauty you share with the world is ultimately the first face someone sees, so it is imperative that it express the confidence of the beautiful woman you believe yourself to be.  Your bathroom is a sacred place and should be decorated with care.  Whether it be changing the wall color, hanging wallpaper, positioning a gorgeous mirror or placing antique perfume bottles on a shelf, the decor you choose should actively propel you to linger, to take a bit more care each time you step in to enhance your natural beauty.  Below are a handful of bathrooms I wouldn’t mind lingering in.  Which would like to spend time in? I’d love to hear.  Have a wonderful Tuesday.

 

 

Images: (1) This Is Glamorous (2) Elle Decor (3) House Beautiful (4) House Beautiful (5) House Beautiful (6) House Beautiful (7) House Beautiful (8) Manolo Home

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At July 6, 2010 at 1:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spend so much time in the bathroom - I have a bath practically every single night! - that it's essential that it's a pretty room! The third photo has those bowl-type sinks; we're getting something similar (but with dark wood) for our new bathroom. Can't wait!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 4:15 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

I adore the last two. I have a fascination with clawfoot tubs. I always tell my other half if we ever came into a lot of money, I would buy a house with a large bath and add one in. I can just imagine a long, hot, relaxing lavender soak with the latest novel. Ahh...a girl can dream, right!

Happy Tuesday!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 4:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely early morning inspiration for me...really just perfect!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 4:50 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

I love crisp white bathrooms like the 3rd pic...

 
At July 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

I love the photo that's third up from the bottom....the chandelier, the big windows, and that gorgeous tub! Beautiful post.
XO Piper

 
At July 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

Just got you comment on my blog - thanks so much - would love to be part of your Sunday post! Have a great day! :)
XO Piper

 
At July 6, 2010 at 11:47 AM , Blogger heather said...

I was just talking to my brother on the phone, as he was offering to build me my dream jacuzzi someday! I love these bathrooms, especially the copper, clean whiteness and the bowl-type sinks. Powder room wisdom rings so true too!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 8:45 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

I'll take the copper tub and soaring ceilings, please! I bet blasting some classical while soaking in THAT space would be like transporting yourself to another world!

PS: Thanks for stopping by G&G!


♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At July 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just joined your lovely site today. I am so. . .happy. The last two years I have been subscribing to different magazines, none of them are satisfying that "something" in me. But, your inspirational writings and beautiful photos did it. Thank you so much. Look forward to visiting here often.
Carole

 
At July 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Carole - You have made my evening. I am so thrilled and happy that you find something here that you enjoy. I hope to continue to provide that for you. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Have a lovely evening. =)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home