The Simply Luxurious Life®: Diane Keaton’s Passion for Design  

July 5, 2010

Diane Keaton’s Passion for Design

Recently, I have had a craving to watch Nancy Meyer’s Something’s Gotta GiveI’m in the mood for inspiration in a variety of avenues – home decor, food, summer retreats and writing.  I honestly do get inspired all over again to write even more vigorously after I watch this film.  Initially, when I observed Diane Keaton’s character’s, Erica Barry, fits of crying and laughter while capturing the scenes in her new play, I thought them to be tedious and excessive, but now I soak them up – laugh, relate, and enjoy.

While so many of us have seen the interior of the home on the set, I began to wonder what type of home Diane Keaton would actually prefer.  I’ve known for some time that she is quite passionate about refurbishing and then selling homes, and takes painstaking care and attention when decorating each interior, so I thought I’d go hunting for her most recent home remodel. 

In November of 2008, Architectural Digest published Ms. Keaton’s Beverly Hills residence that was built in the early 1920s.  With its Spanish colonial style, Keaton’s friend and designer Stephen Shadley reemphasized this facade to bring to light the beauty of the building.  Photographed by Scott Frances, Keaton’s home is exquisite with its southwestern decor, exposed beams and paintings by local artists.  One of my favorite rooms is her library which is what greets her guests as they walk in the oversized arched doors. When asked about her need to not live for more than a few years in one particular home she stated,  “I’m eternally seeking out the adventure of discovering the magic of homes in California.”  And she has most certainly discovered the magic again.  Have a look.

Thanks to one of my lovely readers, In New York Paris Tomorrow, I learned that Diane is currently working on a Lloyd Wright house located on what used to be property for horses with vast expanses of land. Should be interesting to see what her skilled hands can do with it.

I’m off to enjoy another round of Something’s Gotta Give.  Enjoy your Monday!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 5, 2010 at 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha those upside down lamps over the dining table...! I think libraries are fabulous, I love books.

 
At July 5, 2010 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Carmen said...

Stunning! I love the quote around the library. Have a great week.

 
At July 5, 2010 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Patrice said...

Good Lord - it's a piece of Spanish inspired Heaven. I'm at such a loss for words about this house, because it's literally everything I've ever wanted in a home before. Thank you so much for sharing - it's absolutely stunning.

 
At July 5, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Karena said...

A fabulous work of art is this home. I am very excited to see what her next project will be!!

My sister Cynthia has always had a bit a Diane Keaton in her personality!

Karena
Art by Karena

 
At July 6, 2010 at 7:14 AM , Blogger madeleine said...

She's steeped in design talent, very often at the Rose Bowl Flea Market. Ms. Keaton is doing a Lloyd Wright house on a former horse property now, lots of land. Her taste is very precise.

 
At July 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

She does usually seem to be in movies with very lovely houses; how nice to see her own version.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love to show my friends how beautiful and informative your blog is on facebook.
please

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home