The Simply Luxurious Life®: Thursday Treasures  

June 24, 2010

Thursday Treasures

Each week truly does take on a speed of its own.  Some start out quick and relentlessly demanding oodles of time, others slowly wake up to what turns out to be something very fulfilling and productive.  This week has most certainly been the latter, and what has made it so fulfilling has been my readers.  Whether it is your honest and lovely stories that you share (how you found your purpose/passion) or making very forthright observations about your lives which leave me nodding my head in agreement because I can completely relate and empathize, I am so appreciative for the time you take to comment. 

One of the main reasons I began this blog is to shed some light/support/guidance for anyone who wonders if it might be asking too much to want a simply luxurious life (what a beautiful thing attain). My wish is to provide reassurance that that you’re desire to want a life more fulfilling, filled with more love, quality and time to enjoy things or your choices, is something that should be honored and most certainly pursued.  And in reading your comments, I find validation that so many of you want a life, of your own design, that is beautiful, luxurious, full, at times complicated, but more importantly yours and not anyone else’s which by definition makes it uniquely special.  So thank you. My readers are most definitely one of my treasures this week and every week.

Here are a few more . . .

. . . the summer sun . . .

  

. . . that sun-kissed glow (via airbrushing!) . . .

 

. . .  lovely neighbors . . .

. . . optimistic people . . .

 

. . . and very kind comments from my readers and mentions in their lovely blogs (Thank you!).

What has happened this week that causes you to look back with a smile?  I would love to hear.

Images: (1) Pics and Models (2) The Navy Sun (3) Flickr (4) 1928 Image Source (5) We Heart It

Labels:

9 Comments:

At June 24, 2010 at 2:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great, thanks for putting so much time and effort into it!

 
At June 24, 2010 at 4:12 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

Just know the time and effort you put into your blog is greatly appreciated. I am a positive person...and sometimes (which I am sure you experience being an optimistic person) there are individuals that we encounter in our life that slowly drain that good karma. I have learned to surround myself with beautiful things in order to "power up" again. Your blog truly is one of the highlights of my day and assist in doing just that!

Have a great Thursday!

 
At June 24, 2010 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Alexandria ♥ said...

Hi sugar sunshine.
You do have an amazing energy in so many areas.
How do you find all these darling photos?
The ideas you touched on the other day about finding your passion...I was left thinking about the book..by peter boyles. something about...what color is your parachute? The book really inspired me to follow my passions in practical ways! Defining my job/career in a position created just for me.... thinking outside the box. Promote yourself. Every company needs "fresh eyes" and pleasant people in their employ.
You find the person who has the hiring power. Ask someone to mentor you. Ask to interview the person you would like to work for. Just something practical. Lets see, so in Portland who is the big dog?
Your blog is a huge asset for starters. You love it and do a wonderful job. It comes naturally to you. So go knocking on doors with your blog. You have a web site. You get the idea. Do you want to be a writer of lifestyle at the newspaper? A social columist? A clothing consultant at a big department store?
At the time I was very passionate about fashion, too. The ideal is that you would do your job for free. And in my case I had that career.
Have a great day.
Alex

 
At June 24, 2010 at 6:50 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

CJ & Cafe Bellini - thank you for such beautiful compliments. It means a lot.

Alexandria - your faith in my abilities is uplifting. Thank you for such support.

 
At June 24, 2010 at 7:16 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Another wonderful post. You always make me smile sweetie. This week the welcoming of summer, fabulous weather, a weekend at the beach and good times with family have all made me smile :)

 
At June 24, 2010 at 7:25 AM , Blogger madeleine said...

I simply love what you're doing. It's a beautiful thing. This is a simply beautiful series. Thank you.

 
At June 24, 2010 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

You and your blog are wonderful! Keep up the great work!
<3 Cara

 
At June 24, 2010 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Great post sweetie! I could certainly use some more sun time to work on my tan!

I am hosting my first giveaway today. Hope you stop by!

 
At June 24, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Sage & Style said...

I love this post! I'm a new reader (found you through Twitter) and am so glad I stumbled upon your blog. This "Hello Sunshine" shot is GORGEOUS. I'm smiling this week because I got to see my little nephew crawl for the first time. So sweet!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home