The Simply Luxurious Life®: SJP’s Home in Bridgehampton  

June 22, 2010

SJP’s Home in Bridgehampton

To have a summer home to escape to during the hot weather inland would be ideal.  Someday, someday – this will be a reality.  A coastal home most definitely would be my choice.  I simply can’t wait to utter the words, I’m going to my house on the beach for the week, I’ll see you when I return (refreshed, invigorated and rearing to go!).

Since it is that time of year when so many people on the east coast escape to the Hamptons, I thought I’d share with you Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick’s home in Bridgehampton.  Decorated by Eric Hughes, their home is very low-key, casual and comfortable.  At first it was nothing that I expected, but the more I began to ponder why someone with such a fashionable profile might want a home with such simplicity and calm, it made complete sense.  Photographed by William Waldron for Elle Decor (May 2006), the furniture and decor is an eclectic assortment of high and low end – a little IKEA here, a few pieces of beautiful art there. Have a look.

Built in 1865, the prominent landowner displayed his favoring of a Victorian style.  The lush, full green landscape isn’t over powering, but clearly done with a master plan in mind (landscape design by Ricks Lee).

All major kitchen appliances are by Viking and the print (possibly to remind them of home?)is Uno la Mela by Enzo Mari from Moss.

The Egyptian handblown-glass chandelier from Liza Sherman Antiques hangs above the dining room table surrounded by a collection of vintage chairs.

In the master bedroom, the curtain panels are from IKEA, and the ceramic lamp is by Christopher Spitzmiller.

The 1940s mirrored desk from Laurin Copen Antiques  adds an old Hollywood feel and a portrait of Parker and Broderick by Pamela Hanson sits above.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At June 22, 2010 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SJP looks really good in that photo. That's so down-to-earth of them to have a fairly normal-looking house with Ikea! I'm loving that seating area by the windows but I would have done the bathroom differently (not enough storage space for all my beauty bottles!).

 
At June 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

It's beautiful! I would love to have a relaxing haven like that to escape to. You're so right though, it's definitely not what I would have expected.

 
At June 22, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

What a haven...very refreshing decor!

 
At June 22, 2010 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

I am putting your button on my blog:)

 
At June 22, 2010 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Evelyne Politanoff said...

Another beautiful house.... dreaming....

 
At June 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Jen said...

What a stunning home! I wonder if they need a caretaker for it?? ;-)

 
At June 22, 2010 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Splendid Market said...

Not what I would have expected at all -- I would have thought a little softer, more glam. Maybe Matthew was in charge?? Still, very nice and, oh yes, I would happily relax there! Thanks for the peek!

 
At June 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Lillian C said...

Wow, I've never seen these pictures!! Their home is gorgeous!! :)
So glad you shared it with us :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home