The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 6/6 –6/12  

June 13, 2010

Cups of Tea 6/6 –6/12

Welcome to Sunday everyone!  Hopefully the sun has been out in all of its glory this weekend, and you’ve been able to do as you please.  This week’s Cups of Tea include a post that will beg you to jump in the bathtub, or at least one of the tubs in the collection – truly, they epitomize luxury.  Also, a fabulous idea for your next top of the line dinner party, as well as how to prepare for your next overnight guests.  Are you really being as good of a host as you think you are?  This article asks that exact question, as well as offers up a few remedies to make sure you can answer in the affirmative.  So much more, have a look.

 

1. Luxurious Bathtubs

Thanks to the discovery made by DEva Weddings, I was pointed in the direction of this very impressive design blog - Bright.Bazaar, authored by Will.  My first glance involved a bit of gawking as I saw this post below.  Beautiful tubs, oversized soakers set in divinely decorated rooms.  Have a look and view the rest of the fabulous photos. I have a feeling you will be impressed as well.

 

2. Impress Your Dinner Party

Smitten Kitchen always impresses, and this recipe is no exception - Lamb Chops with Pistachio tapenade.  Needless to say, you will most certainly be the hostess with the mostess if you take on this menu.  Click on the header above or the image below to view the entire recipe.

 

3. Be Prepared for Guests

Have you ever really tried to see the view from one of your guests as they sleep in the bed you’ve prepared for them?   Struggling to be Stylish presents this question along with a few others, and I have to be honest, I can’t say that I answered yes to all of them.  She offers solutions and ideas for making your guest’s stay one they will appreciate and be very grateful for.

 

4. Change Your Thoughts,


Change Your World

I discovered an inspiring new blog this past week titled Live Bold and Bloom, authored by Barrie Davenport.  First of all, the title grabbed my attention immediately, but this particular post held my attention. She offers eight ways to take back how we view our lives and our world.  We have a choice, as you will read, every day as to what our script is in our head regarding how things are going and our outlook for the future, so why not make it a positive one? Something to think about most definitely.

 

5. Crazy Motivation

All right, for our motivation this Sunday, Slices of Beauty provides a perfect thought to consider.  This image is just the beginning.  Click the header or the image to view the entire thought to ponder.  She poses a great question though, why not trust your crazy ideas?

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Images: (1) Flickr (4) Southern Living (5) We Heart It

9 Comments:

At June 13, 2010 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Alexandria ♥ said...

good morning sunshine,
Wonderful.
The color of the tea pot and the location is just devine.
I love how that shade of green pops up again in the bedroom :)
Tyou for stopping by.
Is fun.
"trust your crazy ideas" ♥ alex

 
At June 13, 2010 at 7:58 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh I'm so happy that I found your blog! It's lovely!!! I'm looking forward to following along. Thank you so much for your sweet comment :)

Oh and I have to give the pistachio tapenade a shot. Sounds delish!

 
At June 13, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Alexandria ♥ said...

p.s.
When you recently changed your url how did you get the "old" comments to show on the new url?
I changed my url yesterday and I still have not figured out how to import the comments :) Alex
Just noticed the shopping sites that you have to the left.
So cool.

 
At June 13, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Absolutely Ladylike said...

Such a beautiful inspirational post...I especially heart the crazy motivations...but I can enjoy those yummy lamb chops...than taking a hot bath and jump into that gorgeous bed :-)

Have a blissful Sunday...cheers: Evi

 
At June 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Anonymous Barrie Davenport said...

What a wonderfully useful post! Thank you so much for including Live Bold and Bloom. I am really flattered. By the way, in spite of my confusing name, I am female! It throws people every time.

 
At June 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

What a happy, delightful post!
That teapot is exquisite sitting there in the pea green grass. XX

 
At June 13, 2010 at 4:04 PM , Blogger caitlinmarie said...

Great post Doll! I love your "Cups of Tea", bookmarking this one. Also stealing that image of the tea pot, I've been collecting pics of teacups/pots for a while now, not sure what for :)

xo Caitlin
pourlamourdefashion.blogspot.com

 
At June 13, 2010 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with @Alexandria and @catlinmarie. I love your Sunday's "Cups of tea". When the weekend arrives I'm always looking forward to discover some wonderful posts or thoughts and that is always guaranteed. I also love the picture of the tea pot. You have such an exquisite taste for the beauty of images! I don't know any other post that constantly has such good quality and tasteful photographs!

Have a lovely week Shannon!
xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 
At June 14, 2010 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thank you so much for posting about my bathrooms post! Loved reading all of these. Will xo

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home