The Simply Luxurious Life®: Kicked Up A Notch  

June 11, 2010

Kicked Up A Notch

 
This week I have been experimenting with traditional recipes that I love but needed to change them up somehow.

The BLT became the focus of my makeover madness.

PAMT – probably not the most creatively organized acronym, but let me explain.  (Okay, don’t worry, I’m still going to call it a BLT, but I was trying to be a bit of a tease.  I know, it didn’t work that well.)

Let’s get to the recipe:
 
P – pancetta
A – arugula
M – mozzarella
T - (sticking with what works) tomato
Directions:

1. Cook pancetta in a skillet over medium heat until done on both sides.  They won’t appear crispy upon taking them out of the skillet, but let them sit for about 2 minutes, and they will be perfect – dainty little crunchy nibbles.

2. Toast delicious whole wheat bread until crispy and crusty (but not burnt).

3. Spread a bit of mayonnaise (and mustard if you like) over each slice.

4. Arrange a layer of arugula leaves, slices of mozzarella (not melted, but you might want to try that version – could be delicious!) pancetta and slices of tomato.  Voila!

It’s nothing fancy, but it is surprisingly tasty to fill you up during a lunch time break if you’re in the kitchen.  Add some cantaloupe or some other fruit and you’ve got yourself a lovely little meal.

Out of curiosity, how have you mixed up the BLT to take it up a notch?  Have a wonderful Friday!

Images: (1) Regrettably, not my photo – my sandwiches were gobbled up before I took my camera out – too hungry, I guess. (2) Source (3) Source (4) Source

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

love it!! Lately we are indulging in Saturday Panini's and I add to the brad after the mayonnaise a mix of garlic + basil + a tiny olive oil (in the food processor!)...and voila...it totally adds some extra flavor!!
I need to try it now with some arugula!!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 2:55 PM , Blogger No Stranger to Different said...

That BLT looks devine! I'm going to have to try this. We've been doing home-made paninis with bacon and avacado and tomato, but this blt looks like it will also satisfy our food fancies = )

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home