The Simply Luxurious Life®: CFDA Fashion Awards 2010  

June 8, 2010

CFDA Fashion Awards 2010

Last night in New York City, the CFDA Fashion Awards took place at the Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center.  And while, I couldn’t be in attendance (surprise, surprise), I followed along as best I could via Twitter. While a few of the awards given out last night went to Iman for Fashion Icon,  Marc Jacobs for Womenswear Designer of the Year,  Jason Wu the recipient of the Swarovski award for Womenswear, and Michael Kors for the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award (click here to see the other honorees and winners), many of the attendees stole the show.  Have a look at some of my favorites courtesy of Style.com, and click here to view the entire gallery of photos.

 Michael Kors with Gwyneth Paltrow in a dress of his design and Fred Leighton jewelry

SJP in Alexander McQueen and Stephen Russell jewelry

Marc Jacobs

Jason Wu with Rachel Weisz in a dress by the designer

Brooke Shields in J. Mendel

CFDA's Steven Kolb with Diane von Furstenberg in her own design

Jessica Biel in Diane von Furstenberg

Vogue's Anna Wintour in Carolina Herrera with her daughter Bee Shaffer

Rachel Roy, in her own design and David Yurman jewelry, with Hilary Rhoda, in Rachel Roy

Tory Burch and Lyor Cohen

Amanda Brooks in Thakoon

Alexis Bledel, in Behnaz Sarafpour, with the designer

Rachel Zoe in Marc Jacobs

 Molly Sims in DKNY

Labels:

7 Comments:

At June 8, 2010 at 6:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, I don't know what it is, but I don't like most of the dresses chosen by the Celebs. It was the same with the MTV Movie Awards. I just thought they forgot their taste at home. As much as I love Rachel, I think she is far to skinny and this dress just looks like a sack on her. Outfits I liked: Bee Schaffer and Rachel Weisz. Ah yes, almost forgot SJP was not bad dressed, but probably I still have her in the lovely Vivienne Westwood dress on her Movies premiere in Tokyo in mind!

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 
At June 8, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i LOVE the Thakoon dress!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

 
At June 8, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Welcome said...

Thanks for stopping by my place...I appreciate it!! Ok - the dresses are gorgeos and I especially loved SJP and Rachel Roy's design. Rachel Roy does very chic dresses that are not too complicated and I love her designs.. Molly Sims also looked pretty chic in the LBD - it was simply yet glitzy...Stop by again anytime you like..

XOXO
Kiki

 
At June 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous precilla said...

I agree with Sandra, the styling isn't that great. It's as if they just blindly agree with the stylists and never trust on there own judgement. Oh well

Thanks for your lovely comment! I'm doing great. June is a busy month for me. I've got a few projects i need to take care of and lots of summer break parties to attend to =P
I'm also going to do a giveaway this month, so that's going to exciting.

How about you? What have you been up to?

 
At June 8, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

I LOVE SJP's dress - oh, the colors and the flowy playfulness!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

 
At June 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Rachel's Jason Wu dress is my favorite. I love your blog. Keep 'em coming.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Christine said...

SJP's dress is absolutely stunning. That is definitely my fave.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home