The Simply Luxurious Life®: Short and Sweet  

May 22, 2010

Short and Sweet

The latte above is calling my name this morning.  All I want to do is ease into my weekend, catch up on reading my favorite blogs and eventually get a great workout in, so that I can imagine looking like Miranda Kerr above.

How has your week been?  Was it full of busy moments of bustle or a steady balance that seemed to keep the week in order?  I’d love to hear.  In hindsight, this week was full of progress, more growth than I realized at work, and for that I am thankful. However, I’m already looking ahead and planning more goals to pursue.  Isn’t that always the way?  Don’t worry though, this weekend is going to be one to savor and be grateful for.  After all, I’m resting up like most of us, for Memorial Day  next weekend.  I absolutely can’t wait.  In case your week has been a little too rushed, here’s what’s been going on at The Simply Luxurious Life this past week:

Fashion Preview: Sex and the City 2 movie 

Mondays Thoughts: Refocus on Your Goal

Before It Hits the Newsstand: 

         Cate Blanchett–W Magazine June 2010

Tuesday’s Rooms for Inspiration:  Beckoning Sofas

Guest Post: How to Convey Confidence with Fashion

63rd Cannes Film Festival:  Week 1 Fashion Favorites

Wednesday’s Why Not?: Tips for Traveling with Ease

Garden Delights: A Lush and Tranquil Retreat

Thursday Treasures: Simple and Lovely

Simply Luxurious Style:  The First Lady Dazzles

Foodie Friday: Quick and Delicious Dinner in Fifteen

Friday’s Cravings:  A Dose of Love

Have a wonderful Saturday, and be sure to stop by tomorrow for my weekly Cups of Tea! A few new fabulous blogs will be featured, plus my dependable go-tos.

 

Images: (1) Miranda Kerr – Pics and Models – Elle US June 2010  Ph: Mariano Vivanco (2) All The Pretty Things

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At May 22, 2010 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

That latte picture looks so exquiaite and inviting even for someone who is does not have a fondness for coffee with the exception of the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee;-)
I shall be reading my favourite blogs, too, hence my being here...;-)
The sun is shining so I shall pop out on the balcony for a spot of sunshine with a good book. Enjoy, my lovely! Happy Saturday!

 
At May 22, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The latte picture is amazing - great art! You knew that there is a championship for this?

I just finished my cappuccino (it was tasty but definitely not as good looking as the latte in the picture), soon I have to prepare the lunch. For today I plan almost the same things like you both: reading my favorite blogs, write some own blog posts, spend time with my dog and make plans for the future. At night I plan to gather around some friends to play some silly table games! ^^ Sounds like an ideal Saturday for me!

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 
At May 22, 2010 at 7:12 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Fashion, Art and other Fancies - Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy reading on the balcony and soaking up the sun. Sounds lovely!

Glamirrorous - Your day sounds perfect!

 
At May 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Anonymous Splendid Market said...

Just finishing up my latte -- not as artistic as yours, but so delicious. I am have been making dulce du leche (ridiculously easy recipe coming soon on SM), I spooned some into my milk before steaming it -- unbelievable!!

I stocked up on plants at the garden store yesterday so I can continue planting all of my beds. New puppy delighfully slows the process! I think I'll do a quick garden post featuring MS. Arabella!

Also, trying to get some photos of our blue jays who are working on their nest, for the third year. Such cranky birds, and absolute bullies, but they are so spectacular to look at, I feel honored they nest here.

First -- must catch up on blogs!!

 
At May 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Bring Pretty Back said...

WOW! you are BUSY! That latte is a work of art!
My week has been low key, although out=r son graduated in less than 2 weeks amd the party iscalso less than 2 weeks. No, I am not ready fpor a few hundred people to come over. So The next few weeks will be in high gear.
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

 
At May 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Hi doll, hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend. I Never miss a post from you, they are too good, but the links are a great idea!
XO

 
At May 22, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Anna Katrina said...

that cappucino is almost to cute to drink! love your blog

would love you to visit passport glamour & follow if you like!


Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

 
At May 22, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Splendid Market - that dolce de leche sounds delicious and I can't wait to see pictures of your puppy!

 
At May 22, 2010 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Bring Pretty Back said...

Oh gosh yes! My heart broke for her! and oh!!! it was worse because it was in front of her husband! awful.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home