The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 5/16-5/22  

May 23, 2010

Cups of Tea 5/16-5/22

A restful, relaxing Sunday is hopefully making its way into your day as you are taking a moment to sit down and enjoy some time to browse around the blog world.

Today’s Cups of Tea focuses on finding the cheer in our lives and keeping our dreams alive, as well as tips on preparing for the upcoming bathing suit season. And for this week’s recipe: farmer’s markets are beginning to sell Mother Nature’s goodness this month, so I’ve included a delicious recipe from one of my favorite authors, as well as kitchens to dream we are preparing this recipe in.  Enjoy perusing and don’t forget your cup of tea or java this morning!

1. Reasons to be Cheerful

Being happy, finding reasons in our everyday life to be cheerful, are so often easier than we may at first believe.  Paul Sloane, featured on LifeHack, shares eleven ways we can all bring cheer into our lives.  Have a peek and see if you already have an abundance of reasons to be cheerful.

 

2. Spring Recipe

I remember picking up Mireille Guilano’s first smash of a book French Women Don’t Get Fat and have since read it a few more times.  The recipes she includes in all of her books that deal with creating a healthy lifestyle seem to make me curious, but until I see an image, I’m less likely to try.  Her website provides these desired images that I now want to attempt.  French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook is Guilano’s most recent release, and I think, based on the recipes she has shared via the web, I might just have to pick up a copy for myself.  Today’s recipe Papparedelle Spring Vegetables includes asparagus which can now be found at your local farmer’s market as well as a comfort go-to – pasta.

3. Beautiful Kitchens

What would go with a delicious meal better than a breathtaking kitchen to prepare it in? Just recently, I discovered Design Track Mind, authored by Melissa Gulley.  Having an eye for beautiful decor, this particular post was one of my favorites from this past week.  A multitude of gorgeous kitchens, so many in fact that I couldn’t choose a favorite.  Have a look at her collection. 

4. It’s That Time of Year Again

One of my favorite blogs is Trust Your Style by Mary Jo Matsumoto. Each Monday, I have my virtual caffeine fix with her as she asks her readers about their day.  The post I’d like to share with you today however, focuses on making the dreaded bathing suit hunt and body toning process a bit more enjoyable.  Included in her post are a couple of articles she has written that focus on bringing the confidence back via choosing the right bathing suit as well as preparing our bodies.  Have a look, and be sure to stop by on a Monday as well to swap weekend stories.

  

5. Keep on Dreaming 

We all talk of dreams, chasing dreams, having dreams and achieving our dreams, but what does it really take?  A beautiful blogger, Sandra of  Glamirrorous, answers this question in a very poignant way.  Click on the header above or the image below to read her thoughts.  I think you might just be inspired to push pass those inevitable objects that often get in our way.

Images: (1) Quiet Beats (5)  Chanel Resort 2010

4 Comments:

At May 23, 2010 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning my post 'Dreams are never to big' in your cups of tea's! I still can't believe it. I'm reading your cups of teas for weeks and now I'm one of them. That's great! I truly appreciate that!

Have a nice Sunday and a good start in the week tomorrow!

Hugs! Sandra

 
At May 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Glamirrorous - my pleasure. A lovely post lady!

 
At May 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

This is such a cheerful post. I enjoy tea and all the other goodies pictured above. We have quite a bit in common. Happy Sunday to you!;-)

 
At May 23, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Fashion, Art . . . Thanks for stopping by for tea! =)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home