The Simply Luxurious Life®: A Creative Place for the Umbrella  

March 26, 2013

A Creative Place for the Umbrella

Spring is here, which makes me a very happy girl. Why? I adore the rain.

While I know not everyone does, either way, we all need an umbrella. And more importantly, in order to keep the house clean and free from puddles, it’s a good idea to have a designated place to put our trusty umbrellas. But who says it only has to be functional?

As I’ve been organizing my decor inspiration board for my new studio apartment in Portland’s Pearl District, I came across this white pedestal vase from Target's new home collection, Threshold. Initially, I thought I’d use it as it was intended and arrange large spring Dogwood branches or yellow Forsythia branches and place on my dining room table, but then I realized it could double as something else. An umbrella holder in the entry!

Granted if you have kids and raucous dogs, this may not be an option as it it is stoneware, but for me in my new foyer (this is my house’s foyer, but it will be moving soon to Portland), it would be perfect.

~Do stop by next Tuesday as the series continues (see part one here). I’ll be showing more glimpses into my home as I incorporate simple ways to add a touch of effortless style. And to view all of the items I hand selected, check out my Spring Home Decor Ideas pinterest board here.

~In the interest of full disclosure, Target via Style Coalition reached out to me to choose items from their Threshold collection and style them in my home. While we did work together, the items in this series were all hand-selected by me and the opinions expressed are my own. It is sponsors like Target that allow me to continue to write and share ways to create a simply luxurious life.

Images by TSLL (1) source  (2) source

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home