The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 41  

January 15, 2013

This & That: No. 41

Quality wine glasses at a wonderful price, a luxurious tote to protect your favorite hobby, wellies on sale and a few other fabulous finds . . .

~Book

~Losing it in France: Les Secrets of the French Diet by Sally Asher

January serves a ideal time to re-organize your eating habits and set clear healthy eating goals. Sally Asher’s book which was released in April of 2012 – Losing it in France: Les Secrets of the French Diet – and inside she shares the lessons she discovered while spending time in France and insights into how she curbed her emotional eating and began to have a healthy relationship with food – one which didn’t include deprivation, but appreciation. Recipes are also included.

~Shopping

~Crate & Barrel Viv 20 oz Big Red wine glass

In search of a new set of wine glasses, Inspired by Charm’s Michael Wurm suggested I take a look at Crate & Barrel’s. Not only was I not disappointed, I saved money. Having purchased wine glasses from C&B more than 10 years ago, I was comforted by the fact that they carry the same styles year after year. Why is this important? To put it bluntly, I can be klutzy in the kitchen and have broken my fair share of glasses. For less than $5 a glass, these quality glasses are nearly identical to the glasses used at wineries and can be used to serve white or red wine.

~Hunter Wellington Boot Sale

My Hunter Wellington original rain boots are one of my favorite utility shoes for spring and fall. And when I learned yesterday that a handful of styles and colors were reduced, I wanted to share. If you are looking for black, pewter, red or yellow, you are in luck. Reduced from $135 to $79, be sure to take advantage of this limited price reduction. Also, be sure to check out their other boot accessories on sale as well.

~West Elm Orb table lamp

A chic neutral tone table lamp, West Elm’s Orb has been reduced from $129 to $89. With a glass base and linen shade, the textures and ability to work in a variety of decors is what initially grabbed my attention. I have to say, I adore the full, circular base and could see a pair in a bedroom or the living room due to their versatility.

~The Palma leather camera tote

If you are a photography enthusiast, I have discovered a luxurious tote worth your investment. Palma’s cognac leather crossbody satchel allows you to place your digital camera inside with room for two additional lenses for safe, protective keeping. All the while ensuring you appear stylish and efficiently adorned.

~Website

~The Real Real 

If you love shopping consignment, long for a few designer labels and appreciate a treasure hunt, be sure to stop by The Real Real website. A luxury re-sale store, they organize daily 72-hour sales on top designer items as well as more casual wear and designer secondary lines at a fraction of the original price. Sign up as a member for free and you will be automatically be notified of upcoming sales.

5 Comments:

At January 15, 2013 at 2:07 AM , Blogger Shelley said...

I thought I was going to be annoyed when I saw the boot prices, but it's OK, I paid just in the middle of those figures (in GBP) from my first pair of Hunter Wellingtons in matt blue. I had a walk on the beach in them and loved being warm and dry in spite of the several streams we crossed. Took me ages to find a shop that stocked them (and wasn't sold out) but I'm going to enjoy these boots, I'm sure.

 
At January 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Laurie said...

I've been contemplating a pair of Hunter Boots for a while now. This sale just sealed the deal! Thank you!

 
At January 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just bought a new camera and have been hunting for a chic bag.. this just might be it!! xo
Lauren
http://theglamweekend.tumblr.com/

 
At January 16, 2013 at 6:03 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

I fell for this bag the moment I saw it. Great choice!

 
At January 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM , Blogger lulubird6 said...

I have been wanting Hunters for ever but balked at the price. Thank you! So worth it for workhorse boots that last!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home