The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

January 4, 2013

The Weekend . . .

Well, after six years of living in my house, I am finally giving my kitchen the facelift I have been so very eager to gift it with. Beginning this weekend, a bit of small paint jobs will be completed and in the weeks to come my talented paint crew (thanks mom!) will join me. After which the fun of organizing new dishes, wall decor and window treatments will wrap up the project that I look forward to sharing with you all.

In a small, yet very poignant way, this particular project is a reminder to me that during years when it doesn’t seem like things will ever improve or change, so long as you keep putting your head down and doing the necessary work, eventually, during those common hours (as Thoreau reminds us) wonderful things can transpire. Your life can change in amazing ways that you never thought possible. I honestly believe, so long as you never give up on yourself and your dreams, life has a funny way of providing you with the answers you’ve been hoping for.

And on that note, the most popular post of the week along with everything else shared on the blog these past first few days of January and last few days of December.

~Turning Goals into Reality . . . most popular post of the week

~This & That: No. 39 . . . a classic film to watch, stylish yoga girl and more

~Why Not . . . Enjoy a Staycation?

~Style Inspiration: Black & Blue

~Want & Have Outfit: No. 15 . . . dressing up basic black for winter

~What a Simply Luxurious Life Looks Like to Me

And this week’s newsletter – issue #130 – click here to read.

Whether you are painting this weekend or simply enjoying the first weekend of 2013 doing whatever it is that makes you smile and sigh with contentment, I hope you have a wonderful time. Until Monday, bonjour. Oh, perhaps you will be enjoying the season premiere of Downton Abbey this weekend with me? I look forward to finally seeing what all the talk is about. ;)

~For daily inspiration quotes to start and end your day, follow @simplyluxurious on Twitter~

 

Images: (1)  pinterest (2) pinterest

5 Comments:

At January 4, 2013 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful kitchen inspiration. I love how bright and white everything is

x karen
www.thechicndamned.blogspot.com

 
At January 4, 2013 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Sunnysider said...

Thank you so much for this post - it was exactly what I needed! We're getting our house ready for sale and also have some painting planned this weekend. I often feel frustarted that I am not moving at a fast enough pace with my DIY or organising work to be done to the house, but you are right, over the years we have done an awful lot although it always seems to be taking forever at the time.I am so grateful that you inspired me to reflect on this and feel much more motivated for this weekend. Hope your project goes well!
Sonja

 
At January 4, 2013 at 7:32 AM , Anonymous Chelle {Everyday Polish} said...

Would love that Kindred Spirits sign behind a home bar! Also, you will love Downton- such a lovely escape from the present!

 
At January 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to take before and after photos!! Yes, I'll be watching Downton with you!

 
At January 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM , Blogger ladykatza said...

We decided this would be the year of paying down debt and fixing things (new front screen door, new upstairs bathroom toilet and wallpaper, its peeling off). Eventually, I want to have enough to add a screened in porch on my house. I have day dreams of hosting tea on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home