The Simply Luxurious Life®: Top Books Shared in 2012  

December 25, 2012

Top Books Shared in 2012

One of my favorite activities to indulge in during the last week of each year is to dive into books that I haven’t read and lose all track of time. Over the course of 2012, there have been many books that have been reviewed, recommended and suggested here on The Simply Luxurious Life.

Today, I have gathered a list of titles that were well received by readers, hit the top of the best-seller lists during 2012 or were books I adored and would certainly read again. Organized by genre, have a look. Click on the title to view the post in which I either reviewed or recommended it or simply click on the image of the book cover to be directed to Amazon for further information.

As for me, what titles will I be reading this week? Peter Mayle’s wine mystery will be my top choice for simply relaxing, Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Team of Rivals is one I want and need to read out of curiosity, and after paging through Ina Garten’s recent cookbook at one of my favorite cooking supply stores, I can’t wait to pick it up and devour it in search of my next favorite recipe. Happy reading!

Non-Fiction

~Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child by Bob Spitz

~Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain

Cookbooks

~Barefoot Contessa: Foolproof Recipes by Ina Garten 

Health

~Paleoista: Gain Energy, Get Lean and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat by Nell Stephenson

Fiction

~The Darlings by Cristina Alger

~The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

~Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

~The Marseille Caper by Peter Mayle

 

Decor

~The Things That Matter by Nate Berkus

~Be Your Own Decorator: Taking Inspiration and Cues from Today’s Top Designers by Susan Salk

For the Love of Anything French

~Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L. Scott

~Paris Versus New York: A Tally of Two Cities – deluxe edition, includes 35 new illustrations (November 2012) by Vahram Muratyan

2 Comments:

At December 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM , Blogger Helen - Fennell Books said...

I reviewed Quiet by Susan Cain earlier this year, and loved it. I think there is a lot of truth in what she says and that everyone can learn something form it, whether introvert or extrovert. It is all about appreciating people's skills and talents.
http://www.fennellbooks.co.uk/journal/2012/5/12/quiet-by-susan-cain.html

 
At February 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just want to tell you that I really reaaly love your blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
You are such an adorable women and i really like you way of thinking. You inspire me a lot.
I wish you the best for now and forever.
Dont change.

Kiss

Linda

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home