The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 37  

December 11, 2012

This & That: No. 37

Holiday decorating ideas, a French foodie sweet tooth must-have, leopard pumps for a steal of a deal and more . . .

~Books

~Bouchon Bakery by Thomas Keller, Sebastien Rouxel

If you have a sweet tooth, love to cook and have a predilection for French pastries, then you will appreciate Thomas Keller’s recent cookbook Bouchon Bakery. Full of recipes and tips that will help you create the French creations you dream about making in your own kitchen – baguettes, macarons, mille-feuilles, and tartes aux fruits, just last week Keller’s book was featured in the New York Times Book Review as one of the top cookbooks of 2012.

~Holiday Ideas

~Christmas Decoration in Red and White

A few simple, yet creative ideas on how to add festive color to your home and holiday parties. My favorite - keep the wrapping paper simple and use beautiful red ribbon and a single candy cane to add the perfect touch of festive cheer.

~Shopping

~Dolce & Gabbana leopard print pumps

A pair of leopard pumps is a essential pair of heels to include in your closet. And drastically reduced to less than $300 (regularly $900), Dolce & Gabbana leopard print pumps are certainly a pair to hint about to your secret Santa.

~Miss Wu by Jason Wu at Nordstrom 

Beginning in January and exclusive at Nordstrom, Jason Wu’s affordable collection Miss Wu will be available online and in stores. With a 60s edge and youthful, feminine styles, items will range from $195-$795.

~Tech Gadgets

~White Kickstand Hybrid Apple iPhone 4/4S Case/Cover

While I haven’t upgraded to the new iPhone 5, I have fallen in love with my Apple iPhone. And when I find myself in my office speaking to others regarding blog business, I am always needing to keep my hands free to search for something on the computer while I am talking. So when I began searching for a phone case that included a sturdy vertical kickstand, I was thrilled with Wireless Central’s white hybrid case design.

Not only does it provide ample protection should I drop my phone as well as the necessary, very sturdy vertical kickstand, but it also has a bottle opener and a business card holder (neither which I have used, but interesting additions none-the-less). The best part is that it only costs $6 from Amazon.

~Wardrobe

~Jiffy Garment Steamer

Back in September I recommended in a post titled Why Not . . . Build a Capsule Wardrobe on a Budget? that in order to maintain the quality clothes you purchase, a garment steamer was a necessary purchase. And while I have used a handful of steamers in my former retail jobs, it wasn’t until recently that I purchased one for myself. Available through Amazon, Jiffy’s Garment Steamer is simple to set up, is ready to steam in less than three minutes and is even easier to move from place to place as it sits on wheels. I was ecstatic to see so much more space become available when I packed away my ironing board as it doesn’t take up a lot of space.

While it may seem like a bit of an investment, keep it in the back of your mind just in case you receive a gift certificate from Amazon this Christmas. In all sincerity your clothes and wallet will thank you as the steamer will keep your clothes looking their best much longer. (Click here to see my list of items to include in a simple, yet luxurious closet.)

3 Comments:

At December 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So excited for the Miss Wu collection!

www.azrakunworld.com

 
At December 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful pics.

xoxo

 
At December 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Chantelle said...

That kick stand for the iPhone is genius! Where do you find these quirky gifts, girl? I love your selections all the time!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home