The Simply Luxurious Life®: Want & Have Outfit: No. 4  

October 10, 2012

Want & Have Outfit: No. 4

After a week at work dressing up and wearing skirts and dresses, I must admit I very much look forward to slipping into my favorite pair of jeans. My weekend uniform tends to include a straight-leg or skinny dark denim pair, ballet flats, a simple jacket and in the cooler months, a beautiful scarf to pull it all together.

Last weekend, I found myself wearing what is quickly becoming one of my favorite blouses – Joie’s Marru silk top – and pairing it with my faux leather jacket, scarf and jeans. But as I was putting this outfit together, I couldn’t help but realize that the perfect pair of ballet flats would be classic leopard print. So, I’ve been scouring the internet and found Giuseppe Zanotti’s marked down 60% – what a bargain! Needless to say, I’m saving up (and for an actual leather jacket as well).

On the beauty front, one of my readers from Paris shared a wonderful comment regarding Parisian style recently that caused me to re-read it a few times as she responded to a question about how French women always look so effortlessly beautiful and stylish (read it here). One thing she mentioned was their beauty routine in the morning – less than 10 minutes – as they focus on a quality skin regimen in the evening. And in keeping in time with this approach, I live in Bobbi Brown lip gloss. A quality product that lasts at least 4-6 months, and is easy on the checkbook. I love this simple, yet subtle feminine touch and wouldn’t leave home without a quick application.

~WANT~

~Giuseppe Zanotti animal print ballet flats~

~Vince leather scuba jacket~

~J.Crew Biennial satchel~

~HAVE~

~Diane von Furstenberg scarf~

~J.Brand 814 mid-rise straight leg jeans~

~~

~Bobbi Brown lip gloss~

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is slowly becoming one of my fun reads on your blog. I am thinking to splurge on one of those silk blouses. They are adorable!

www.azrakunworld.com

 
At October 11, 2012 at 2:56 AM , Blogger AlinaLoves said...

This is very similar to my weekend outfit - I also live in straight (or skinny) jeans, leopard ballet flats, leather jacket and a cool scarf or snood! It's been getting much cooler in London, so I now have a perfect excuse to start wearing my favourite scarves again!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM , Anonymous Evelyn said...

I love your outfit and I have one already, pretty much the same, with the exception of the scarf and lipgloss :) As it is getting chilly, you inspired me to pull it out this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home