The Simply Luxurious Life®: While in London . . .  

August 10, 2012

While in London . . .



With just a few more days in London, not a minute is wasted. Tonight a play in Trafalgar Square, a morning tube ride to the Olympic Park, and a afternoon stopping into Manolo Blahnik’s flagship store in Chelsea and perhaps a bit of shopping and choosing a most lovely tea cup to bring home.

Above is a collection of images from where I have had the fortunate opportunity to stay while in London. With a quiet private garden to escape to behind the flat to write in my daily journal and a winding staircase to the third floor where we gladly put our feet up at the end of each day, I am feeling rather spoiled. Nearby pubs – Warrington and The Prince Alfred – have been a treat in the evenings to grab a pint of beer or a lovely white wine while the Olympics are live and thoroughly enjoyed by all patrons.

Needless to say, London has welcomed the many tourists and Olympic sightseers with open arms, and I have certainly placed it on my “must-return-to” list of places around the world.

 ~ Returning to our vacation flat in Maide Vale in central London after a long day in the sun walking through Covent Garden, Regent’s Park and Soho. Exhausted, but exhilarated. And yes, I decided to forgo the comfortable walking shoes for style. I couldn’t help myself. No regrets.~

This week on the blog as been quiet, but not silent. Here is a look back on the past week on the blog . . .
~Monday’s Motivation . . . Travel’s Most Wonderful Gift
~Style Inspiration: Navy & Orange
~Why Not . . . Be A Good Host/Hostess? . . . a lovely guest post by Sugar & Spice Emily Knightley
~This & That: No. 19 . . . a few books to indulge in, a bit of sweater prep for fall and more
~My First Peek at London . . . my first few pics

I hope your week too has been magical, and that the weekend offers up some wonderful experiences to savor. Until I arrive in Paris on Monday, bonjour!

5 Comments:

At August 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Annie said...

As an 'adopted' Londoner, I always love reading posts of people visiting the city - it never fails to remind me to get out and experience more of the fabulousness that London has to offer...and you have been so fortunate to time your trip with this glorious weather we are having. Ah Maida Vale - I lived there for my first 3 years in London...a lovely little corner of the city!

 
At August 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Blogger VICTORIA said...

I love London and I hope to go back there soon with my daughters.
Vicki
www.shoppegirls.blogspot.com

 
At August 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,I discovered your blog today and I'm in love with it. Would you have an address for the apartment you stayed at while in London? I'm planning a holiday in London for a month and am looking for a flat to let. Thanks, Dina from Italy!

 
At August 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

I absolutely loved staying in Maida Vale, and highly recommend staying in this area. The flat we stayed in was a friend of a friends and they currently are renting it still. However, www.onefinestay.com offers great flat rentals all over London, but specifically some great ones in this part of the city. Here is the link to a list to look at http://www.onefinestay.com/london/central-london/
With great access to the tube (a very small, friendly stop), a small, local feel with wonderful pubs, grocery and restaurants, you'll love staying in the area. I hope this helps.

 
At August 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! And thank you also for the tip. I'll search the Website for sure. Thanks again, Dina

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home