The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

August 3, 2012

The Weekend . . .

Very much like a child anticipating the arrival of Santa, for the past few months I have been gradually prepping my wardrobe, brushing up on my French and scouring everywhere for ideas of what to do during my trip abroad to London and Paris as a way to pacify myself until my plane departs. The time has finally arrived to pack my bags and venture to London for a week of Olympic adventure, splashing in London rain with my Wellies and enjoying the leisure of a vacation schedule.

I want to thank so many of you who have emailed me with ideas for places to visit, enjoy and indulge in. From pubs to pop into, vintage shops to peruse in, and decadent sweet boutiques to satisfy my sugar tooth, I can’t thank you all enough. Your emails were so very kind and a wonderful surprise. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Needless to say, I am a bit giddy - a combination of slight nerves, but more excitement and child-like enthusiasm.

Rest assured, you can expect the regular scheduling of posts to continue here on the blog. I will be authoring Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday’s post as usually, so do be sure to stop by as I will be sharing photos as they become available from the trip. For Wednesday’s Why Not . . .? posts, I have a couple of fantastic and impressive bloggers lined up.

For my newsletter subscribers: Today you will receive the regularly weekly newsletter, but while I am traveling, the newsletter will also go on vacation (August 10 & 17th) and resume on Friday, August 24th.

But back to this past week on the blog. If you’ve been traveling, busy at work or enjoying the outdoors, here is a look back on the posts found on The Simply Luxurious Life:

~The most popular post of the week . . . Why Not . . . Make Someone Feel Special?

~Modeling Everlane’s Ryan Tee . . . a fantastic collaboration with JENESEQUA

~Excellence vs. Mediocrity

~Mid-Week Motivation: 10 Instant Mood Lifters

~Style Inspiration: Red, White & Blue

~An interview about the blog on Plami’s blog Fashion Thrill (loved her original questions!)

~This & That: No. 18 . . . a top resource book for bloggers, an article to inspire and blogs to help live your best life

And this week’s newsletter, issue #112. Click here to read.

I do hope you have a splendid weekend and do stay cool if your part of the world is in or near the three digits. Until Monday, bonjour!

~P.S. You will notice at the end of today (Friday) that the header on the blog will change to my travel header. However, don’t worry, the girl walking the dog will return when I return from my vacation.~

(1) designstroy: (3) pinterest (4) pinterest

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM , Blogger Schadenfreude said...

Great post, absolutely love your blog!

http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

 
At August 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Frances Schultz said...

Shannon, Hope you have the most fabulous time! I am so honored to be one of your guest bloggers, otherwise I might stow away in your suitcase... :) Frances

 
At August 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Fit Mommy said...

Sounds like an exciting trip. Have fun!
Mom Fitness Journal

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home