The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

July 27, 2012

The Weekend . . .

With a week full of sunshine and hopes for more of it rather than rain in London, the Summer Olympics officially begin tonight. There is just something wonderfully uplifting and inspiring about the Olympics – countries from around the world coming together in peace to compete in a sportsmanlike fashion.

With 205 countries sending more than 10,000 athletes to compete, history will be made because for the first time each competing country is sending both women and men to compete. Moments and realizations such as these are a reminder that change for the better, change for progress and growth and equality, can happen, it just takes time and constant effort in making small steps.

Granted, this by no way means the journey is complete, it probably never will be, but it is getting better. There is reason to have hope, and I must say that is something that these events stir up in me more than anything . . . hope. Hope for a better tomorrow, hope that I can become a better version of myself, and hope for a better world.

Tonight I will be watching with great curiosity the Opening Ceremonies as they are unveiled in London. And this year more than ever before my excitement will be growing as in one week I will be touching down in the city of the London and taking in the festivities of this wondrous event first-hand.

Until then, I will be packing, preparing, dreaming and finding any opportunity to say “Cheers!”

I hope your week has gone well and you have been able to stay cool or at least have fun with your summer fashion to keep as comfortable as possible. This week on The Simply Luxurious Life it was simple and not full of a lot of extra posts, but by no means without fantastic comments, engagement and questions. Here’s a look at the past week on the blog:

~Savor Everyday Routines . . . the most popular post of the week

~Why Not . . . Get and Stay Out of Debt?

~This & That: No. 17 . . . a documentary for fashion lovers, a travel app to try, an article on adult friendships and more . . .

~Mid-Week Motivation: Final Summer Sales

~Style Inspiration: Shorts, Stripes, Leopard and Blue

And this week’s newsletter – issue #111 – click here to read.

Cheers to the weekend’s arrival and until Monday, bonjour.

Images: (1) (2) 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Scsw said...

I hope you have a fabulous European vacation. I hope you post photos and reviews when you get back.

Also, if you make it to Jeff De Bruges for the chocolates, let me know if you like them. I brought a kilo home last time. Ha! If you like tea, Mariage Freres is a must too.

Safe travels!! I hope your vacation is wonderful!

 
At July 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Good news, as long as all tech works as planned, I will be posting while on the trip. Thank you very much for the suggestions. If I stop in and give his chocolates a try, I will certainly share my thoughs. Thank you again for giving me a hafs up. :)

 
At July 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Anonymous Scsw said...

Fabulous!! I look forward to your posts!

-Shilo

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home