The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 19  

August 7, 2012

This & That: No. 19

Bring on the books, jewelry from Ms. Zoe and a peek at my dream fall shopping list . . .

~Books

~The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCollough

Over the years I have continued to hear rave reviews about the historian David McCollough.  So when his book The Greater Journey was released a few years ago, I put it on my wishlist, in large part because the focal point was Paris. Just last month, I finally rented it from the library as a book on CD and have been listening in my car with eager ears. Spanning the 19th century in Paris is follows American artists, intellects, writers and more, and with McCollough’s expert ability to make you begin to believe that you are reading a novel instead of a fact by fact rendering of lives that were drawn to the City of Light, I have a feeling you will love it as much as I did. If you love Paris and history in general, this is a must-read.

~Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child by Bob Spitz

Beginning today (August 7th), Bob Spitz’s biography of Julia Child, Dearie, will be released. While I haven’t read it, I am quite eager to as she continues to inspire through her tenacity, authenticity and love for life.

~Recipe

~Peas Risotto with Proscuitto and Basil Oil Sunday Suppers

Always a fan of risotto, when I came across this recipe from Sunday Suppers, I saved it immediately. A wonderful dish for summer with fresh peas from the garden or farmer’s market, and the salty addition of the proscuitto – yum!

~Shopping

~Inslee 2013 Calendar $30 by Inslee Haynes

The illustrator behind my header illustrations, Inslee Haynes, just released her 2013 calendar, and it is sure to be one for lovers of style and anything of beauty. Purchase one for yourself or as a gift for your close girlfriends. With a new illustration for each month, I can’t wait to see what she’s created.

~Rachel Zoe’s New Jewelry Collection

While many projected that Rachel Zoe would begin her retail business by creating her own jewelry line first, she surprised critics by striking out with clothing a few years ago. However, with her successful wardrobe collections, she is now embarking into the world of jewelry. Found exclusively at Neiman Marcus, have a look at all of the oversized and signature statement pieces.

Neiman Marcus

~Cashmere Boyfriend Sweater in Color Block – J.Crew $258

I am a sucker for stripes, so when J.Crew’s first of many fall catalog arrived last month, I quickly located their cashmere boyfriend sweater in black and brown and began saving my pennies. Fingers crossed!

3 Comments:

At August 7, 2012 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVVVVVVE rissoto!

*Much Bliss*
Erika~Tiptoe Butterfly~

 
At August 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Meredith said...

I am LOVING Rachel's new jewelry line. SO brillant.
Meredith
www.thelovelyowl.com

 
At August 24, 2012 at 6:50 AM , Blogger lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Can't wait to get my hands on Inslee calender.

Lisa X

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home