The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 16  

July 17, 2012

This & That: No. 16


Excited to share some wonderful finds with you today . . . a fantastic sale at J.Crew not to miss, a yoga mat that I am thrilled to have finally found, a simple, yet scrumptious recipe that will never let you down and much more . . .

 ~Recipe

~Rao’s Proscuitto & Peas via Barefoot Contessa

During the past few Saturdays, the Food Network has been airing new episodes of The Barefoot Contessa (there’s a new one this Saturday as well 7-21), and this past Saturday she shared a recipe that will from now on always be on my list of go-to side dishes. The famed restaurant Rao’s in New York City (with a waiting list that requires at least a year in advance notification for reservations) shared their most popular side dish Proscuitto & Peas.

Sunday evening, I gathered up proscuitto and fresh peas (the key!) and made this dish in less than 10 minutes while my Chicken Picatta was simmering on the stove. With very little prep, and basic ingredients, the salty proscuitto melds beautifully with the fresh peas. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try for an easy week-day meal or an impressive dinner party menu item that tastes complicated, but is quite the opposite.

~Shopping

~Art.com

Whether you have an unlimited budget or a very tight allotment for decorating your home, displaying your favorite pieces of art is a way of communicating your personal tastes and preferences. Art.com offers just about any print you desire, as well as ideas on how to decorate your space. Purchase the print or have it framed and delivered, regardless there are limitless choices for all price ranges.
I was thrilled to discover this site as I have decorated my home with a few of my favorite prints – The Singing Butler, Road to Cannes, just to name a few – and looking for them took some time. Had this site been around seven or eight years ago it would have saved me countless hours.

~J.McLaughlin Large Sailcloth Duffle $275

Traveling and packing everything that is necessary can sometimes be daunting, but what I love about J. McLaughlin’s large duffle bag is the nautical theme. There is something that screams summer and begs the owner to take a weekend respite. While an investment, it certainly would be a wonderful bag to carry through the airport or toss in the back of the car on the way to the beach.

~J.Crew V-Neck Cable Linen knit Sweater - $29.99 sale (use code OURTREAT to only pay $17.99)

Be sure to hop on over to J.Crew and click on their Sale page, as even sale prices are marked off 40% when you enter the code OURTREAT. I couldn’t believe that these linen knit sweaters were only $17.99! You will also discover that the Edie bag has been drastically reduced as well as select cashmere tops, swimsuits, pants, shorts, belts, pencil skirts and more. An impressive sale if you have any gaps in your wardrobe.

Don’t forget to enter the code – OURTREAT!!!!!!

~Fitness

~Aurorae Northern Lights yoga mat - $39.95

About a month ago, Aurorae Yoga reached out to me to see if I might be interested in reviewing one of their products. Only agreeing to review with the condition that I share my honest experience, they sent me their Northern Lights yoga mat.

Let me begin by saying, I am 5’10 and the mat I currently have is far too short (60'”), much too thin (3mm) and not nearly as wide (21”) as I would like it. When the Northern Lights yoga mat arrived I made sure to use it for my daily sun salutations and other yoga poses on the hardwood floor in my house. What I discovered was a product I have been looking for for the past year. With a length of 72”, width of 24” and 5 mm thick, I had at least a foot of extra room when in downward dog or any warrior positions, with any pose that involved the knees on the mat, I didn’t need an extra layer of cushioning as it was quite comfortable and with balance poses, the golden sun focal point at the top of the mat helped when there was nothing else I could focus on. One thing that surprised and delighted me was there was a slight gripping ability to the mat that prevented sliding or slipping.

Needless to say, I’m impressed and would highly recommend it if you are currently searching for a new yoga mat. The color choices, inspired by the Northern Lights, offer a new choice to standard solid colors as well.

~Books

~Daily OM: Inspirational Thoughts for a Happy, Healthy and Fulfilling Day by Madisyn Taylor

In January I visited The Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast in Joseph, Oregon, as an opportunity to experience what I had so long been curious about. I most definitely was not disappointed as the rooms are beautifully furnished with each room having an en suite bathroom with refurbished pedestal sinks and fixtures and amenities beyond expectations. It seemed they had looked into every small detail, and when I discovered Madisyn Taylor’s book Daily OM on the bedstand, I was confirmed that every detail had indeed been tended to. A wonderful book full of daily inspirational passages (just under two pages each), Madisyn shares inspiration for life’s questions, frustrations and some things we made not have thought of.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home