The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

July 6, 2012

The Weekend . . .

With the arrival of the weekend, the Fourth of July celebrations officially have ended but seem to have enjoyably continue into an extended vacation for so many, including myself.

I have been enjoying far too many decadent morning hot chocolates from my favorite chocolatier while I am away in the country this week, and will be sure to stock up on milk chocolate peanut butter, espresso and lavender truffles to enjoy the rest of the month. Also, yard sales, antique stores and flea markets are beckoning my curious eyes, as I never know what will be discovered that will work perfectly in the home. So with a dash of work each day, a nap here and there and some wonderful get-togethers with friends to enjoy the Fourth of July, I feel fortunate to have had this opportunity for escape.

I hope you too have had some time this week to unwind, whether it is simply the time in the evening after a long day’s work to bask in the evening summer sun and sip a favorite glass of crisp lemonade or white wine, as the sun slowly sets in the west or get away and revel in holiday celebrations.

Even though it was a week of festivities for many, the blog has been busy with Paris Fall Couture week taking place, as well as the regular daily posts.  Here’s a look at the past week on The Simply Luxurious Life:

~Stop Being Busy & Start Being Efficient . . . the most popular post of the week.

~Style Inspiration: A Touch of Blue

~10 Simply Luxurious Travel Tips . . . guest post for Style by Tiffani

~Donna Karan Resort 2013 . . . inspired by the simple folds of a napkin – stunningly gorgeous

~This & That: No. 14 . . . a new favorite beauty product, a book on Happiness to keep and more . . .

~Why Not . . . Uncomplicate Your Life?

~Paris Fall Couture 2012:

Chanel

Christian Dior

Elie Saab

And this week’s newsletter – issue #108 – click here to read and become a subscriber.

Similar to many of you, I will be tuning into the final few days of Wimbledon, and settling back into a regularly routine. However you choose to spend these precious summer days, may the first weekend of July be a wonderful time for you and those you love, and until Monday, bonjour.

Images: (1) pinterest (2) pinterest

5 Comments:

At July 6, 2012 at 6:37 AM , Anonymous Dreaming of the Sweet Life said...

Thank you for such a lovely post. I'm a bit of a hot chocolate addict too! x

 
At July 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great one. Lovin it !

xoxo

 
At July 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM , Anonymous Scsw said...

Speaking of chocolate, have you had chocolates from Jeff De Bruges? I went there during my trip to Paris after I had received some in the mail from a Parisian friend. I love them. I haven't checked in a few months, but they weren't doing online orders previously. I hope they do soon because their chocolate is amazing.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Scsw - Thank you for the suggestion. I just took a look at their website, and the chocolate looks decadent and absolutely delicious. I love your taste! And the good news . . . it looks like they are now accepting orders online. I will certainly add this chocolatier to my list to visit if I can next month.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous scsw said...

I just went to the website to fill my order---but it looks like deliveries are only in France or Corsica. The good news is that the online shop is a step in the right direction, and hopefully they will ship internationally soon. I buy my special tea online from Mariage Freres in Paris, as well, and it makes me so happy that I can do that! :)

I hope you will blog all about your trip to Paris!! I have not been since 2010, but there were so many things I loved that I want to do again ASAP!! It was a wonderful experience. Each day, I returned to my hotel absolutely exhausted and sore from all of the walking! I ate my way through Paris, but still lost weight from all of the exercise. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home