The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

June 22, 2012

The Weekend . . .

I have been feeling somewhat nostalgic this past week as I have been putting together a yard sale for this weekend, and it has allowed me to organize all of the clothes, shoes and other items that I no longer use but can quite quickly remember when I purchased them, where I wore them and the memories they were a part of creating.

It always amazes me how we aren’t aware of how much we are growing, changing and evolving until we take a moment and reflect back one year, two years, ten years and so on. Maybe that’s a good thing, but I do find that remembering where we’ve been and realizing how far we’ve come is helpful for our confidence today as we are striving for new goals.

So how far have you come? I have a feeling you are more impressive than you realize. Continue to remain humble, but keep that quiet confidence inside because you are quite amazing.

In other news, back in February I mentioned that potentially amazing things were in the works, and while I still can’t reveal what I was talking about, just yet, my fingers are crossed that I soon will be able to as forward motion has officially begun (I’m horrible at the media “teaser”, but please know that as soon as I can tell you, I will eagerly do so.)

With the first day of summer having officially come and gone, this past week was customarily leisurely, but busy in its own summer pacing. Just in case yours was busy as well, here is a look back on the past week on The Simply Luxurious Life:

~Style Inspiration: Shades of Pink & Neutrals

~Why Not . . . Buy Yourself Luxurious Lingerie?

~Diane von Furstenberg – Resort 2013

~Mid-Week Motivation: 12 Ways to Get Out of Your Rut (via Jenesequa)

~This & That: No. 12 – a recipe to try, flats to lounge in and travel idea

~The Power of Our Imagination

And this week’s newsletter – issue #106 click here to read.

Wherever your plans take you, I wish you a lovely time. Bonjour!

 

Images: 1., 2. 

5 Comments:

At June 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Melissa Wellham said...

Those are such nice images to start the weekend off with! Audrey Hepburn is truly a doll. x

 
At June 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just came across your blog through pinterest. Ive loved looking through it!Grat posts!!

 
At June 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM , Anonymous Nika said...

hope you're having a lovely wknd

 
At June 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Scsw said...

How was your yard sale? I need to have one , but I am feeling overwhelmed with the idea of it. Plus, I can never imagine anyone wanting to buy anything that I have to sell!

I hope yours went well! Also, I remember you mentioning peonies. Safeway had some nice unopened ones this weekend. I snatched up a bouquet! :)

 
At June 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Scsw - Thank you for asking! The yard sale went quite well. More so than I expected and it was a treat to talk and get to know so many people. Needless to say, my garage is cleaned out and it feels great. Yes, it is a lot of work, but I highly recommend throwing your own. I also saw those peonies at the store! I was thrilled to see them. Thanks for mentioning them. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home