The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

June 15, 2012

The Weekend . . .


The first week of my summer is just wrapping up, so my mind has been blissfully free to make plans and then change them, as well as begin doing something and become distracted without the confinement of a structured schedule. It is quite lovely, and I feel wonderfully spoiled.

What I find when I have such tweakable structure is that my mind is far more creative. For example, there were moments this past week when I would get busy doing something, only to realize that when I looked up at the clock – four hours had passed. To me, that is what life should be about – discovering your passions, becoming so engrossed in them that you don’t mind the work because you genuinely love doing it.

Needless to say, I couldn’t help ask the question today . . . what dream are you turning into your reality? What ship will you be chasing down and choosing to sail in a direction that is uniquely your own?

It is my dearest hope that you find the gumption within you to step out and seek out what is calling your name, catches your attention every time you have a stray thought and take a chance on yourself. Life is far too short, and much too precious to spend it in negativity and mediocrity.

So why not this weekend, give yourself some time to dream, then to plan, then begin putting it into action, and if you’re already busy building your dream, keep working. You’re getting closer than you think.

Some exciting news happened Wednesday. The blog made it to television! Stephanie Kralevich, a reporter from a local Portland news station – Fox 12 – chose to spotlight The Simply Luxurious Life for her weekly segment “Surfin’ with Steph”.  If you live in the Portland area and missed it, it will be mentioned again on Monday’s Good Day Oregon (Fox 49) at 9 am. A huge thank you to Stephanie for her kindness and consideration.

Here is a look back on a wonderful week that introduced a new feature to the blog that so many of you are already taking advantage of, and I can’t believe I didn’t think of it sooner, and a return of a favorite piece – Rules of Style.

~Style Inspiration: Boyfriend Jeans & Shorts
~Why Not . . . Create Your Own Style Commandments? . . . the readers’ favorite this week
~A sneak peek – Emma Stone’s cover of Vogue US July 2012
~Ask Shannon
~What Will Your Purpose Be?
~My new style inspiration – Rules of Style: Hedvig Opshaug
~This & That: No. 11 – a book to read, sales to shop and tips for your next yard sale

And a look at this week’s newsletter – issue #105 – click here to read.

Until Monday, bonjour!

P.S. - In last week's This & That: No. 10, I mentioned I had ordered a nautical top from Chance clothing. Click here to see read my review of their product.


Images: 1. , 2. , 3.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM , Blogger EPC said...

wish I had enough hair to make like the first photo!

 
At June 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Shannon, I'm so glad you are enjoying the beginning of your summer off. :) I hope you get to delight in whatever your heart desires.

I feel so blessed to get to do just what you described-spend hours working on a project to realize that literally 5 hours had passed by. It is a wonderful thing to spend time doing what you love with more flexibility to allow for greater creativity. I am so grateful for this time in my life. I used to have a much more structured schedule and while that did bring in more income, I will gladly take less income for a life of more peace and less stress.

Having said that, working for yourself from home has its challenges also. Sometimes I feel as though I'm starting to suffer in the discipline dept. It's all about finding balance.

Have a lovely weekend!

Karla

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home