The Simply Luxurious Life®: Banana Republic – Fall/Holiday 2012  

April 5, 2012

Banana Republic – Fall/Holiday 2012


Beautiful berry colored cropped pants and wool coats shone against the backdrop of grays, blacks and camel colored capes, sheaths and tie neck blouses. Banana Republic’s Fall/Holiday 2012 collection, inspired by the upscale countryside, revealed a handful of designs that will layer well due to their mix of textures – leather, cashmere and wool - and versatile coloring;  however, the lace up boots were a disappointing accessory, as it reminded me a bit of a dowdy school girl, cutting the woman’s leg off at the ankle, thus, shortening her leg unnecessarily.

Aside from that, the pencil skirts and perfectly draped wool coats (I have my eye on the one above), are rich and warm, perfect for a fall wardrobe addition.




All images via Fashionologie

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Karena said...

Very good looking classic collection. We want the same berry coat!!

I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway! (from Artie of Color Outside the Lines))You will love it!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

 
At April 6, 2012 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Amanda English said...

You had me at BR! I too am really loving that Berry Wool Coat as well! I'd say 75% of my closet is BR and am jealous about this event! Next time I'd like to get an invite! LOL Sigh... xoxo A-

 
At April 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Kim Jackson said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the ankle boots! But otherwise I like that look alot. I'm totally enamored with the capelet.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home