The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend  

January 28, 2011

The Weekend

I have been waiting for the weekend’s arrival and couldn’t be more thrilled that it is finally here. The end of the first semester just wrapped up, so while I am exhausted from grading and looking at numbers, I am very content. I am also thankful to now have more time to communicate with so many readers who took the time to contact me this week.  The thoughtful compliments were very much appreciated, and I look forward to getting in touch later this weekend. 

Hopefully your weekend is ready to be enjoyed and filled with time for some quiet pause, but also some moments of laughter, fun and good times.  I’m crossing my fingers that I will make my way to the theater this weekend to finally see The King’s Speech, as it has come so highly recommended.

While I’m ready to move into February, there is something very settling and helpful about January I find.  It is in this first month of the year that I don’t feel rushed, I don’t feel bombarded and find true excitement as I look ahead to all that might and could, and hopefully, will be. So while we say goodbye to January on Monday, may we have used it wisely to have created a foundation for the rest of the year that will serve us all very well.

Have a beautiful and idyllic weekend, and I’ll see you back here on Monday.

Image: Source

10 Comments:

At January 28, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Kori said...

I'm finally finished with grades too! So glad second semester is here. It will be summer before you know it! Great post honey have a great weekend. Kori xoxo

 
At January 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Nanne said...

January's been a busy month for me as well, and I'm looking forward to February being a little less busy. I'm not doing anything in particular this weekend, and that is just fine with me - my greatest luxury is the freedom of having nothing that you need to do! Have a lovely weekend!

 
At January 28, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Julie at Belle Vivir said...

Have a fantastic weekend and thank you for all your great posts this week. You have been of great inspiration and encouragement.

Happy Weekend!

 
At January 28, 2011 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

What a lovely post to finish the week and month off on!
This January has been very inspiring and not at all grim as others usually feel after the festivities, thanks to your blog that keeps me constantly inspired.
Have a lovely weekend too!

 
At January 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I am a newbie, but am thoroughly enjoying your posts...You are inspiring!

 
At January 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend. I can not wait to sleep in, catch up on some reading and take a LONG hot bath. XO Mish

 
At January 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Julie - Thank you very much. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well. xo

Laura - so happy that you've stopped by. :)

 
At January 29, 2011 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Thank you for taking the time to view my latest post and pictures :) I am really glad to hear that your weren't buried under life this month! It's a great way to enter February XOXO Kelly

 
At January 30, 2011 at 4:21 AM , Blogger D e g a i n e said...

This is gorgeous! Photography is such an art!


d e g a i n e

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

 
At January 30, 2011 at 1:31 PM , Blogger b said...

Such a pretty photograph! :) Hope your weekend has been long and restful!
-giedre
www.walkingdotblog.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home