The Simply Luxurious Life®: Golden Globes 2011 Red Carpet  

January 16, 2011

Golden Globes 2011 Red Carpet

Hollywood glamour was alive at the 2011 Golden Globes Sunday evening. With a flurry of gorgeous emerald green, beautiful backless gowns and some stunning red sirens.  While most all of the women looked radiant, I chose the following gowns as my favorites as they demonstrated luxury without going too over the top.  Each of the gowns also maintained a sense of mystery, not revealing too much, but giving a hint at the beauty of the woman wearing the dress. While January Jones’ red Versace dress was fantastically worn, I can’t say it was my cup of tea (however, January wore that dress very well, and if you can pull such a dress off, why not?).

My top three choices would have to be the first three looks you see below: Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie and Eva Longoria. With that said, I was impressed with the fashion forward decisions, and enjoyed the red carpet arrival show as I tweeted with many of you. What were your favorites, out of curiosity?  I’d love to hear. I know I tend to choose dresses I might dream of wearing, so I do believe there is certainly a bias. Do share.

Anne Hathaway – Giorgio Armani Privé

Angelina Jolie in Versace

Eva Longoria – Zac Posen

Claire Danes in Calvin Klein Collection

Catherine Zeta Jones – Monique Lhuillier

Emma Stone in Calvin Klein Collection

Halle Barry – Nina Ricci

Mila Kunis - Vera Wang

Heather Morris - Lauren Sarbu

Olivia Wilde – Marchesa

Kyra Sedgwick – Emilio Pucci

Julie Bowen - Tadashi Shoji

Jessalyn Gilsig – eggplant David Meister gown

Sofia Vergara – Vera Wang

Nicole Kidman – a cream Prada gown

All images courtesy of InStyle

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Maya said...

I loved Anne Hathaway-- pure glamour! Eva was another favorite-- that dramatic nipped waist was so flattering. And Mila Kunis' green gown was stunning.

 
At January 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne was my #1! Old school glamour. Thanks for the tweets doll. Xo Mish

 
At January 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Stunnnnnnning!!!

 
At January 16, 2011 at 11:38 PM , Blogger Emily Sara said...

I would have to say that CZJ and Heather Morris were my favorites. I agree that luxury made a huge appearance tonight, but there was a major decline in "sexy". Is this indication that the subtle beauty of glamor is on the rise?

 
At January 17, 2011 at 4:15 AM , Blogger Hermine said...

I have to go for Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones. I still can't get over how gorgeous Anne looks and i'm beyond shocked that Angelina isn't wearing black :)

xoxo Hermine

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home