The Simply Luxurious Life®: Stylishly Romantic  

January 11, 2011

Stylishly Romantic

I must confess, or maybe you’ve noticed already by now, but I am a bit of  Francophile. Yes, the mere mention of France, and I go weak in the knees a bit, my mouth begins to covet decadent wine and my wallet all but comes to life to help me add a bit more classic style to my wardrobe.

With all of that out on the table, the romantic undertones of French decor make me swoon. There is something regal, yet soft and feminine about the French allure in their Louis XIV chairs and down settee cushions that beg to be enjoyed while having a engaging conversation or getting lost in a timeless classic novel.

French settees have always intrigued me.  Their ability to be included in the decor of almost any room in the home is very attractive to someone like me who tends to rearrange their furniture from time to time. Placed in the living room, foyer, master closet or in the bedroom, they add character instantly as to incorporate a touch of romance. Have a look at a collection of ways such a piece may be included in a home’s interior decor.

 

Images:  (1) Little Blue Deer (2) Source (3) Source (4) Source (5) Source (6) Source (7) Source (8) Source (9) Source

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 11, 2011 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Karena said...

Shannon I too adore French settees! They are indeed so romantic with the beautiful curves and lines! Gorgeous images!

Also, I have a Great New Giveaway from Blydesign! Come and enter!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

 
At January 11, 2011 at 5:08 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Yes, much to the horror of my Spanish friends I am also a "slight" Francophile. What gorgeously decadent images....if only!

 
At January 11, 2011 at 5:14 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

OBSESSED with them! I am looking for one for my office (for boomer to lay on)..

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home