The Simply Luxurious Life®: Private Inspiration  

October 26, 2010

Private Inspiration

A personal desk at home can be a sanctuary, a place to feel as though you can accomplish tasks and at the same time be comfortable and sounded by those things that allow your mind to focus and not be distracted. Whether you work from home, or simply need a place to pay your monthly bills, each person will have a different list as to the necessities they would need in their office.  Some may want a clear, bare working area, while other’s might need a multitude of  items that provide inspiration.  Either way, the goal is to capture, with your design, the perfect setting for your best creative ideas to come forth and a place for your mind to function at its best.  I’ve gathered together a handful of home offices and offices that feel as though they could be in a home to demonstrate the many different ways a desk can be incorporated into beautiful design.

 

Images: (1)Williams Sonoma home office (2)Dress Design & Decor (3) Decor Pad (4) Decor Pad (5) Decor Pad (6) Decor Pad (7) Habitually Chic – Aerin Lauder’s desk (8) Girl Meets Glamour (9) Bandelle (10) Shutters Cottage Home (11) Style Files

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At October 26, 2010 at 2:37 AM , Anonymous Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

I'm really looking forward to our new house where we can--hopefully--cobble together an office space that is both inviting and organized.

 
At October 26, 2010 at 5:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i'm on the hunt now for the PERFECT desk - i have a few idea's - i already have my seat (Panton Chair) - but i guess that could always change ..

*kiss kiss*
Erika

PS - spreading the word - come one come all and
*Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

 
At October 26, 2010 at 7:01 AM , Blogger highheeledlife said...

A personal desk space is a wonderful thing to have... xo HHL

 
At October 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Anonymous Desire to Acquire said...

Aerin Lauder's desk has always been my favorite, and I love the WS combo as well. You reminded me how lucky I am to have my personal desk space to work, pay bills, blog... Thanks for posting.

 
At October 26, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Love love love these! I'm working on my office area right now :)

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

 
At October 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Gorgeous desk settings ... so inspirational! We pay our bills at the library desk of our home, which is a lovely shared space with my husband. My studio desk, being just mine, always has a vase of flowers and contains only things that I find beautiful and creatively inspiring. My perfect desk would look out onto the world, such as a desk against a full glass window looking down at a busy city street. Now, THAT would be inspiring and energizing!

 
At October 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous splendid Market said...

I love desks..they are so personal. No two are ever set up the same. These are all great examples, very nice. I have a couple of desks, but I do most of my work at the kitchen table with a basket of files.

 
At October 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Leah said...

These are really great to see, especially sitting in my drab office space right now. If only I could scatter some luxurious throw pillows on my cream swivel desk chair...

But I love that most of these are really doable for the average person at home. Love!

 
At October 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

great inspiration! I love no. 7 for its chic qualities --

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home