The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 10/17-10/23  

October 24, 2010

Cups of Tea 10/17-10/23

Freshly made buttermilk scones, luscious lavender tea and time at my mercy.  Sundays are a beautiful thing. It’s such a delight as the morning creeps upon me, and I slowly realize that the day is mine to be had as I wish.

How has your weekend been coming along? Hopefully it has been either full of the excitement you were craving as Friday approached, or blissfully serene – which ever was your wish.

Today’s Cups of Tea are full of beautiful thoughts and images, suggestions for necessary pampering and a healthy, but delicious meal that will please everyone I believe.  I do hope you enjoy, and oh, don’t forget something hot to sip.  Have a beautiful Sunday.

 

1. Ode To Dogs

A dog lover I most certainly am, as well as a mother of my own two dogs, so when I came across Isabelle LaFleche of Pink Lemonade Design’s post focusing on dogs, I had to share.  She also includes a link to Anne Pachett’s tribute to dogs which had my attention immediately. If you are a dog owner, it is a must read that will make you smile (or cry tears of joy as I did).

 

2. A Beautiful Collaboration

When talented minds come together, the product can be amazing. This past week Roseline of This Is Glamorous shared a black and white photo shoot taken by Jamie Beck of From Me To You, styled by Anne of City Sage and Rue Magazine with the theme being that of Roseline’s blog title.  Set in Central Park at dusk, these images are quite glamorous. Have a look.

 

3. 12 Necessary Luxuries

As soon as I came across Barrie of Live Bold & Bloom post I had to share it with you as the paradox “necessary luxuries” is so very true.  Take a look at the twelve luxuries you need to include in your life and refuse to feel guilty about.

 

4. Dinner with Friends

Big Girls, Small Kitchen continually creates and shares with their readers fun, delicious recipes that anyone can try no matter what the size of their kitchen.  Their Baja Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema recipe is yet another one I have my eye on to try.

 

5. Remain Positive

A necessary exercise that must be done on a regular basis is the mindset of optimism.  No matter what the circumstances, the strength of one’s mind to see the beauty, so see the opportunity is a true gift. Real Beauty recently posted a quote from model/businesswoman Petra Nemcova (who lost her fiancé in the 2004 tsunami in Thailand) that is a great reminder of the opportunities brought with said optimism even when you have every reason to do otherwise. 

"I believe we create our own reality and we create our own possibilities at the same time. It is a possibility to be with friends, to have a family, to be in love, to have career and goals and it’s up to us as to what choices we make.


Some people are on the negative side. If you are more negative, you limit your possibilities in life and if you are open and positive like I am, you then have endless possibilities and that’s the key to a happy life.


Every experience that I have had in life so far has had both positive and negatives elements to it, but I always believed in the positive side of things. If you are able to overcome the negative thoughts, you will see all the possibilities that are waiting for you. By the good things you learn once, by the bad things you learn twice."

-Petra Nemcova

Images: (1)   Chickything

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 24, 2010 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Dogs just make me smile. I loved that This is Glamorous photo shoot and I think that's a great list of 12 Luxuries. And what's better than dinner with friends? Any dinner where I spend more time talking and laughing than actually eating is a good one for me.

And I think Petra Nemocova has a good point. Sometimes it's difficult to take chances or look at the positive, but not doing so really limits possibilities.

 
At October 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I just love that quote from Petra Nemcova. I've always admired her strength. Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Shannon!

 
At October 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Isabelle Lafleche said...

Thanks for the lovely mention! Have a fantastic week!

 
At October 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Great qoute,Shannon:-)*

I am also a very,very,very big optimist in my life and always admire peoples which love the life!!!

thank you many time for this beautiful reminding!

Hugs and Love to you,
***Violetta***

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home