The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 5/23-5/29  

May 30, 2010

Cups of Tea 5/23-5/29


Good morning my lovely readers!  As you are waking up this morning, I hope you are looking at a day filled with nothing but things that bring you joy.  Welcoming in summer is exciting, and I still can’t quite believe June is almost upon us.  However, I am ready to welcome it with open arms.


Find your favorite tea cup or coffee mug, pour your favorite concoction and sit back and relax, I have some fantastic bloggers filled with information to share that I think you are going to enjoy.  In today’s Cups of Tea we have a gorgeous home, a casual, yet fashionable wardrobe that just about anyone can rock, a delectably fantastic recipe, tips on achieving your ideal weight in a healthy, yet stress less manner and one of my favorite words of inspiration.  Enjoy.



1. I Want to Live Here

As soon as I saw this home posted on Ragland Hill Social I immediately shared with Gwen Driscoll, the blog owner, it would be included this week.  I truly want to live here.  Click on the image below or the header above to see why – gorgeous, a touch of French country, and the bathtub -  I think I could soak in it for hours!

 

2. My Favorite Outfit

We all have certain outfits that we know without question highlight our strong points and disguise our not so perfect parts.  The classic combination of dark denim jeans and a nautical top are two items I love to wear.  The casual, French, yet feminine look is simple, and something I don’t have to question.  When La Dolce Vita posted Raquel Zimmermann for Paris Vogue’s demonstrates of this classic French style, I knew instantly I wanted to include it this week, especially since we are sitting at the threshold of summer, but still experiencing spring’s temperamental mood swings.  Click on the image below or the header above to see the entire collection of photos.




3. Getting Exactly What You Want

Once again, Anastasiya Goers of Balance in Me has written an inspiring, yet very understandable and doable post on creating the life we aspire to live.  This particular post focuses on losing those last few pounds that seem to evade even the most dedicated fitness aficionado.  Her nine tips are common sense, with a few things you may not have tried.  Have a look. 

 

4. French Tomato Tart

David Lebovitz, famous for his skills with pastries (his most recent book Ready for Dessert was recently released earlier this year), shares on his blog - David Lebovitz – Living the sweet life in Paris – this simple, yet amazing recipe for a French Tomato Tart. With only slices of fresh goat cheese, large ripe tomatoes and fresh herbs for the main ingredients, you are sure to help your diet out and enjoy the bounty of the organic foods around you.  Click on the header above or the image below for the recipe.

 

5. Wrapping It All Up

For those of you who took in the recently released SATC2 movie this weekend, you will immediately know this is not an image from it.  In fact, it is the last scene of the series finale on HBO.  But with all of the energy circling around the film this week, I thought I’d wrap it up today with a few of my own thoughts having watched the film on Friday.  The quote below is one of my favorites, and I have had it written down ever since February of 2004.  In an effort to encourage us all to choose our own path, these four women do an outstanding job of inspiring anyone who wants to truly listen. The film was exactly what I expected, and without giving anything away, here are few words to convey my thoughts – lovely, comical, honest, cheeky, and not trying to be anything but what it is – gorgeously styled, forward thinking (loved this) and inspiring.

“Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.”


Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 30, 2010 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Goooorgeous post, darling!
Especially loving that outfit with the striped shirt ~ nautical chic at its finest!

xoxox,
CC

 
At May 30, 2010 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

I adore that charming picture of tea-cup on newspaper with love. Memories of tea party with loved ones fills my mind. That photo with jeans and stripe blouse is especially chic;-)

 
At May 31, 2010 at 5:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, very interesting Cups of tea! Especially loved the 3rd "Getting exactly what you want". This article is about Loosing weight, but it shows to me that with the right strategy and (thoughtful) work, you can reach whatever you want.

I'm a little late with reading this entry... actually I should know better that you posted your cups of tea on Sunday, but I rely too much on Bloglovin' and it seems like it is not working for your blog any more, after getting a new web address.

Have a nice week! ^^
xoxo Sandra

http://glamirrorous.com

 
At May 31, 2010 at 7:00 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Sandra, Thanks for the info about Bloglovin. I will be updating that with my new domain name in a few days after my domain is settled. I tried to do it earlier, but it's not ready. I'm sorry for the confusion, but I'm so glad you stopped by.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home