The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 66  

July 9, 2013

This & That: No. 66

Ideas for travel, inspiration for business, summer style, one of my favorite television show premieres and a peek inside a top blogger’s home.

~Blog Post to Read

1. 100 Ways to Combine Business Sense with Grace and Good Manners – Live the Charmed Life

There is a reason certain posts, regardless of their post date, continue to be shared – they are top quality.  And DeeAnne White’s 100 Ways to Combine Business Sense with Grace and Good Manners is a prime example on her blog Live the Charmed Life. As a successful business woman, she knows about what she writes. Having met and worked with Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan business fame, and I’m sure many others, she knows how to be successful professionally without surrendering one’s femininity. I especially agree with #36 and #42.

2. {This is Glamorous} - Glamorous Home in Edinburgh by Design*Sponge

Roséline Lohr, the founder and glamorous woman of mystery behind the blog {This is Glamorous} opened the doors of her Edinburgh, Scotland, home to Design*Sponge for their series Sneak Peek. And I am quite confident you won’t be disappointed to see how she lives. I know I wasn’t. Have a look at the full tour here.

~Shopping

3. Tibi Geometric Lace Easy Dress

Last summer I fell in love with a cotton white eyelet dress from Laundry that I found at a consignment store in Portland. And while the dress is no longer available (although there is a strapless version available this year), I must admit their is something casual, as well as summer formal about white eyelet dresses – very versatile. So when I discovered a similar style at Tibi, at a just reduced price (see the entire sale here), I thought I’d share my discovery.

~Television

4. The Newsroom Season 2 Premiere – HBO

Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama, The Newsroom, is returning on Sunday July 14th, so be sure to set your DVRs. I can remember last spring listening to interviews of leading actor Jeff Daniels as he spoke about the new drama premiering on HBO. I was intrigued, but didn’t have HBO at the time. During my summer travels I had the opportunity to watch the premiere episode and from that moment on I was hooked. The written is superb, quick and thought provoking and the inclusion of real-time news events even more of a draw. With the second season, the 2012 Presidential election will be part of the script, which means lots of room for plot twists. Don’t forget 10pm – this coming Sunday.

~Travel

5. Handmade leather luggage name tags

Last week Erin of Apartment 34 spotlighted these fantastic leather luggage tags, and I was immediately smitten. Granted, one wouldn’t arrive in time for my trip this week, but I must say, I’m putting “My Clothes Won’t Fit You” on my wishlist. A bit of a price tag, but certainly original and helpful in spotting your bag.

~Website

6. Peek.com

Wanting to visit a particular metropolitan locale in the United States, but aren’t sure which sites to visit? Co-founders Ruzwana Bashir and Oskar Bruening may have just solved your problem for free. The website – Peek.com. Its mission – to offer travel excursions in 12 U.S. markets and soon London and Paris. Why? Save travelers time and worry so that you can rest-assured that your trip will be a memorable experience. Read Ruzwana Bashir’s profile piece in the recent WSJ magazine here.

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2013 at 5:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your trip to Paris was a success. This column was fresh and had several segments I am book-marking. Keep up the good work. Will start to look forward to my Fridays on the internet again.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home