The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 64  

June 25, 2013

This & That: No. 64

French inklings, lovely romantic tunes and simple, chic comfort.

~Blog Post

1. 5 Ways to Stop Feeling Insecure in Your Relationships

Marc and Angel regularly post articles that inspire, remind and motivate, and this past week’s post was no exception.

2. Eating Out in Paris: The Art of Dining Solo

Earlier this year I shared the suggestion to dine alone, so when I came across Carin Olsson’s contributing article for Hip Paris “The Art of Dining Solo”, I couldn’t help but nod in agreement. With ideas and suggestions to assist in creating a comfortable dining experience, she makes the point that Paris is a wonderful place to cut your teeth with regards to the solo dining venture. From the people watching, to the many other diners who revel in the same experience, Paris beckons us to become comfortable with our own thoughts and leisure time.

~Book

3. Ooh La La: French Women’s Secrets to Feeling Beautiful Every Day by Jamie Cat Callan

Released on May 28 of this year, the author of Bonjour, Happiness and French Women Don’t Sleep Alone, Jamie Cat Callan has created another Francophile must-read. Having had the opportunity to communicate with the author briefly last year, I couldn’t speak more highly of her passion, enthusiasm and respect for the je ne sais quoi that French women possess. And thankfully she is sharing her discoveries with her readers yet again.

Jamie Cat Callan will be at the following locations for book signings and discussions. If only I were in Paris in September – what a perfect pairing!

~Concert

4. Madeleine Peyroux – Portland, Oregon – Aladdin Theater

Madeleine Peyroux’s sultry, bluesy jazz vocals are making their way to Oregon this week. With the recent release of her latest album The Blue Room, Madeleine Peyroux will be performing in Portland’s Aladdin Theater on Thursday June 27th at 8pm as well as in Eugene on Friday June 28th at The Shedd Institute at 7:30 pm. Tickets are still available at both venues.

~Shopping

5. Converse Slip-Ons

As I look at my travel plans for this summer, I realize my ballet flats may not be suffice for the walking I want to do, so I’ve been searching for a simple, chic alternative. Now I’m not going on significant hikes or long excursions, but even just perusing Paris for the day requires a sturdy sole. So when I discovered that Converse now has available slip-ons, I thought what a great combination of simplicity and simple style. (Black and gray are also available).

6. Tory Burch Lillian striped wool and cotton-blend sweater

The Net-a-Porter sale is winding down, so further reductions have been taken as well as items put back on sale upon being returned. Tory Burch’s Lillian striped wool and cotton-blend sweater has been reduced from $275 to $165 at Net-a-Porter, and paired with shorts or jeans, it would be a wonderful top for summer evenings.

3 Comments:

At June 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Those converse are on my list as the next pair of shoes I buy. Great minds think alike :)

 
At June 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM , Anonymous Paris in Four Months said...

Thank you so much for the lovely mention :)

Best,
Carin

 
At June 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Merci! I now know my next read as well as I know where I will be on Thursday August 15th..exactly where I am now! The New Canaan Library!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home