The Simply Luxurious Life®: Why Not . . . Wear Rain Boots?  

April 10, 2013

Why Not . . . Wear Rain Boots?


With April showers occurring regularly and often unexpectedly, it is always a good idea to incorporate rain boots into your about-town style. Whether you prefer to wear jeans or skirts, or even shorts, rain boots can easily (and not to be forgotten – stylishly) be integrated into your wardrobe.

1. Weather Resilient



As a dog owner, having a pair of rain boots is a must especially while living in an area that reports more than average rainfall. Knowing that the shoes you choose to wear will not be destroyed by the moisture, allows you to relax and enjoy the stroll through the puddles and perhaps dance through the sprinkles recreating your very own version of ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ sans Gene Kelly.

2. Common Sense Style
With spring, comes showers. And with showers come the need to dress accordingly. Since often the weather can change in a matter of minutes, having a pair of rain boots handy allows you to present yourself as an always stylish and well-prepared fashionista. Before you know it, people will be assuming you’re dating the weather man or are yourself a meteorologist.

3. Versatility
Depending upon your style preference, rain boots can be worn with a variety of options and assuredly look chic.  Here is a list to keep in mind when you know you’ll be needing to slip on your wellies:

*Tuck your skinny jeans inside
*Wear with leggings, a top and a trench
*Pair with shorts – love this look!
*Don’t forget boots work with dresses and skirts as well.



What you might have noticed is that they work well with just about anything and in nearly any occasion.

4. Reveal Your Signature Style



Now that you know you can wear them with nearly anything in your closet, have fun. Express a bit of your signature style.  Choose color that exudes your fabulousness and speaks to your personality. Also, if you don’t necessarily want to wear boots, but want protection from the rain, rain skimmers (rain-resistant flats) are a wonderful alternative to help keep you dry and stylish. Love these feminine, simple rain skimmers from Hunter as they come in all sizes and are less expensive than the boot. One last note, I know some women desire a boot that fits a larger calf. Have a look at Hunter’s Huntress as it addresses just this issue yet instill includes all of the luxuries of the original style.

So let it rain, because with your trusty rain boots, you can be confident you will always look effortlessly stylish.

SHOP THIS LOOK: I’ve gathered up options of rain boots and skimmers available in a variety of styles, colors and price points:



Images: (1) source  (2) source (3) source (4) source  (5) source (6) source (7) source (8) source (9) source  (10) source  (11) source 

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At April 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM , Anonymous LisaF said...

I love rain boots! As an adult I never thought about wearing them until I was in Venice during aqua alta and saw all the fashionable women wearing designer rain boots. I came back to the US and bought myself a cool pair of my own. Great post!

 
At April 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Good timing on this post Shannon, as it is raining here today in OK. I have a pair of houndstooth rain boots but have been wanting a plain colored pair. Am now kicking myself for not picking up the cute shorter style pair I saw at TJ Maxx over the weekend....might have to go and see if they still have them today.

 
At April 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Linn said...

Well, they're practical when it's raining, but otherwise I prefer real shoes, made of leather that lets my feet breathe :-)

 
At April 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous Leanne said...

As I type this it's raining cats and dogs here in Victoria, B.C. and I love it :) The pink Hunters are so darling.
Have a good day and enjoy the rain.

 
At April 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

As a Brit I've always loved Hunters. In fact I use them more living in Spain where there are frequent occurrences of tropical storms than I do in London. They have become so fashionable now. I love mine even though I have the traditional hunting green. Maybe next time I'll be adventurous with my choice of color ;-)

 
At April 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Sadly, I bought a pair of Hunter rain boots when they were on sale (thanks to your tip) however my legs are too short for the original ones. The tops hit right at the bend in my knee and I think after two minutes of walking in them I'd be annoyed and chafed! I don't like the look of the shorter ones as much so I'm still in search of a quality pair that I love.

 
At April 11, 2013 at 6:32 AM , Anonymous Sarah Tighe-Jordan said...

This is a great post, as always Shannon.. The hunter Carnaby is going straight on my wishlist. Reading this and looking out at the rain has totally inspired me to continue this theme on my own blog. Thanks and I hope you keep dry in your rain boots :)

 
At April 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Boyana said...

I have recently had the urge to get wellies (I live in London!) but I never got down to it. I think that next year a pair or Hunter boots will not be far behind.
Love your blog, you've got some great and useful ideas!

http://www.snowwhiteinwonderland.com/

 
At April 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I read this entry, Shannon, as I immediately went to Zappos and found the perfect red pair of Hunter Huntress glossies. They just arrived and I'm so happy that the slightly wider calf fits me perfectly. As I'm writing this, it's raining buckets outside but those boots kept my feet perfectly dry when I wore them today. They are the pefect marriage of stylish and practical and truly worth the money. Thanks for this great entry - I really enjoy reading your blog every day for its inspiration and wonderful ideas. Happy spring!


Sophie W.

 
At April 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Sophie W - So happy you love them! They are great boots - top quality, stylish and functional. Enjoy! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home