The Simply Luxurious Life®: A Simple, Luxurious Brunch Decor & Recipe Idea  

April 2, 2013

A Simple, Luxurious Brunch Decor & Recipe Idea

When spring arrives there are certain flowers and food I like to enjoy as they will only be in season for a short amount of time. Daffodils, tulips and asparagus.

Mireille Guiliano reminds her readers in her French Women Don’t Get Fat books that the healthiest and most frugal way to live is to buy items that are in season. Daffodils are one of the most inexpensive flowers to pick up when they become available early spring, and fresh asparagus is scrumptious roasted in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of salt and pepper (400 degrees – 10-15 minutes).

Keeping simplicity as my guide, I’ve been wanting to try Barefoot Contessa’s recipe of roasted asparagus and prosciutto topped with egg and hollandaise sauce. I do not joke when I share with you, the recipe took all of 15 minutes from start to finish. While it is a show stopper for brunch with family and friends, it could also be served for breakfast or dinner.

And the Threshold goblets from Target . . . would you believe they are plastic? I had no idea when I purchased them to be honest. So when they arrived I was shocked, but quite impressed. Perfect for meals that are less formal and require guests to move about, this affordable set of eight looks chic, but doesn’t even come close to breaking the bank.

~Do stop by next Tuesday as the series continues (see part one here and two here). I’ll be showing one more glimpse into my home as I incorporate simple ways to add a touch of effortless style. And to view all of the items I hand selected, check out my Spring Home Decor Ideas pinterest board here.

~In the interest of full disclosure, Target via Style Coalition reached out to me to choose items from their Threshold collection and style them in my home. While we did work together, the items in this series were all hand-selected by me and the opinions expressed are my own. It is sponsors like Target that allow me to continue to write and share ways to create a simply luxurious life.

Images by TSLL -   (1) source  (2) source (3) source  (4) source

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2013 at 4:58 AM , Anonymous Carlene: Healthfully Ever After said...

Target continues to impress me! Although I hate the name Threshold. Can't go wrong with brunch-good job!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home